Rear passenger side seatbelt jammed

NittanyDoug

Buick Ownership
Buick
My wife somehow twisted the rear passenger side seat belt and it is jammed in the swivel piece back behind the plastic. I really don't want to tear into the plastics on a 6 month old car since it's her car. If it were mine it would be different. She doesn't want to take it to the dealer. I was wondering if there was easy access to this without pulling all of the plastic off. It looks like there is an access panel for the rear bulbs but I can't see how to remove the cover. Any suggestions?

TheAirman

Buick Ownership
2013 Encore Premium
I remember a thread some time back where this has happened before. If I remember, they had to take it in to fix it.

I sure hope its not a common problem, and I use caution ever time I fold those seat down.

NittanyDoug

Buick Ownership
Buick
Trust me I wish she would have used some caution. I've noticed how finicky it can be in the past but she did it and then didn't tell me for two months....

08Bluesky

The Burgh
Buick Ownership
Encore
Ours was not "Twisted" per-say - just "Locked" and it was the Middle Unit.

And we did indeed take back to the Dealer

Best of luck

Detroit, USA
My wife somehow twisted the rear passenger side seat belt and it is jammed in the swivel piece back behind the plastic. I really don't want to tear into the plastics on a 6 month old car since it's her car. If it were mine it would be different. She doesn't want to take it to the dealer. I was wondering if there was easy access to this without pulling all of the plastic off. It looks like there is an access panel for the rear bulbs but I can't see how to remove the cover. Any suggestions?

Hello Doug,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this seat belt concern, and understand that you would like a simpler fix on this situation, However; I am available by PM if you would like me to contact your involved dealership on your behalf to provide an additional layer of support on this occurrence. Enjoy the rest of your day and I hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Brandon M.
Buick Customer Care

NittanyDoug

Buick Ownership
Buick
The dealership fortunately had their trim guy in on Saturday and it was only twisted back inside the plastic. She goes back in this week for the transmission

Get your turbo buick badge right here!