• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Rear turning lights don't work

Tomislav

Buick Ownership
Lucerne
Hello...
I just bought a 2011 Lucerne and I notice that my rear turning lights don't blink and front blink fast like the bulb is bad, but I cheek all the bulbs and they are working...
What should I check next?

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
What type, LED or standard bulbs? If LED some have a + - side rotate the bulb 180° in the socket and recheck. On that how did you check them if not working? Did you use a meter on the rear sockets to see if you have power? You may want to check the harness from the light sockets to the rear seat area for cracks, exposures of wire or shorts and it hasn't been modified by the previous owner.

Tomislav

Buick Ownership
Lucerne
What type, LED or standard bulbs? If LED some have a + - side rotate the bulb 180° in the socket and recheck. On that how did you check them if not working? Did you use a meter on the rear sockets to see if you have power? You may want to check the harness from the light sockets to the rear seat area for cracks, exposures of wire or shorts and it hasn't been modified by the previous owner.
After another check and some testing with multimeter I found that the problem was in two Chinese ebay bulbs that previus owner install in rear lights.
I put in new ones and everything works like suppose.
Quite a relief, my friends where saying that probably I will need to change BCM...

Regal LTD Coupe

Buick Ownership
1993 Buick Regal Limited coupe 3800 (& 1991 Cadillac Fleetwood coupe 4900)
My Cadillac and Pontiac have rejected Chinese transplants too. Now they want to build GM products in China.. oy! An unmitigated disaster.

polarzak

Buick Ownership
Ex-Lucerne Owner, Now loving two Chrysler 300s.
My Cadillac and Pontiac have rejected Chinese transplants too. Now they want to build GM products in China.. oy! An unmitigated disaster.
GM stopped making the Lucerne for north American markets, in 2011. They continued to make the Lucerne in China, for the Chinese market for years after that.. Perhaps still making them. It is not a new thing for GM to make products in China.

Regal LTD Coupe

Buick Ownership
1993 Buick Regal Limited coupe 3800 (& 1991 Cadillac Fleetwood coupe 4900)
GM stopped making the Lucerne for north American markets, in 2011. They continued to make the Lucerne in China, for the Chinese market for years after that.. Perhaps still making them. It is not a new thing for GM to make products in China.
Chinese eBay bulbs weren't made for the car.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
? Do you have any proof that the Lucerne was ever built and sold in China, of course not as it never happened and you are wrong again.

Here's a listing of past and present China Buick models and there is NO Lucerne!
SAIC-GM - Wikipedia

You must be a very lonely person or you can't remember your login and password for the Chrysler 300 forum LOL!

polarzak

Buick Ownership
Ex-Lucerne Owner, Now loving two Chrysler 300s.
? Do you have any proof that the Lucerne was ever built and sold in China, of course not as it never happened and you are wrong again.

Here's a listing of past and present China Buick models and there is NO Lucerne!
SAIC-GM - Wikipedia

You must be a very lonely person or you can't remember your login and password for the Chrysler 300 forum LOL!
I was told that by a Buick saleman when I was looking to purchase a new 2012/13 Lucerne. It seems that was incorrect information, so my apologies to the gentlemen in this thread (of which you certainly are not one) Glad I am still taking up space in that empty head of yours, little man. :)

Last edited:

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
No problem as everyone of your posts are incorrect, but you believe you are better than everyone else by trying to discrediting the poster who actually does know more then you with your childish remarks.

When things you post are just made up that are blatantly wrong expect to get called out on them, otherwise you could just stop posting as a option.

Turbo Buick Badge