Rear-View Camera for Vauxhall Insignia

nizerims

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Buick Ownership
:(s)kciuB yM

No, It's NOT a Bugatti in a box.

I don't know how many people can use this, but it's a pretty cool product from the U.K. that fits our Regals.

Shipping from the U.K. to my door in 7 days (I did have to sign for it).

What Is It?

The VC-VAUX will simply replace your existing rear license plate light cover, integrating seamlessly with the existing bulb. The VC-VAUX is designed to replicate the size and shape of the existing license plate light but with a discrete built-in camera........

You will need an aftermarket Head Unit with a rear-view video input or some other way to view image.( Veyron does NOT make a Video Interface to integrate the video signal with the genuine OEM Buick screen)

My review so far....

The box is cool (closes tight with magnets).
Instructions are in "The Kings English".
All the wires/cables you need are included.
Build quality looks "up to par".

Just keeping the forum UP on what's available.:cool:

wierz11

AZ
Buick Ownership
E92 M3, E46 330, E24 635CSi
So.....have you installed it yet? If it can't hook up to the head unit in our cars, what are you going to use?

Looks nice and OEM-like

T07

Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Regal
China has a bunch too but with no way to integrate it into the display whats the point? I'm sure not mounting a screen anywhere.....

Only clean way I can see to use it is with a rear view mirror displays.

nizerims

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Buick Ownership
No, I have not Installed it yet. I did hook it up to a small LED tv in the garage to check picture quality.<-( it's ok for what it is) I think :confused:in the future I may go to an aftermarket head unit. (I dont want to lose the steering wheel controls or my nob by the shifter) For now, I have a rear-view mirror with a 3.6'' TFT LCD screen and DVR camera built in.(from my last car).<-awesome gadget to have...... If I can find the box for that, I'm going to try to replace the OnStar mirror. If not, It has plastic clamps that grip around your existing mirror. After a while you don't even know it's there.

MayorMcCheese

Buick Ownership
Buick
yo NIZ! install this thing or update us on it .. you know i want a rear view camera on my GS and ive gone above and beyond researching but i havent seen anyone who has the rear camera in there possession attempt it with failure or success .. SO GET TO IT! LOL

trevgtp

Long Island, NY
Buick Ownership
2012 Buick Regal GS
Chris- how much, what's the turnaround for taking a '12 head unit and making it camera capable? Also, can you change the software to make it '13 specs, such as intellilink with pandora, etc? Please PM me if you can,
Trev-

nizerims

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Buick Ownership
YO Mr. Mayor, I didn't get far on that at all. I removed the OE housing, put the led bulb into the new housing, plugged everything in, clicked the camera unit into the bumper and then I got sidetracked with the Dremel tool and a sanding wheel.... I had to sand/grind off a tab on the other (passenger side) bulb holder so both led license plate bulbs would shine toward the license plate and NOT both shining to the right (the camera blocks a little bit of light and it looked stupid) I couldn't decide where I was going to run the wires into the trunk....... That's where I stopped.

I have vacation in few months. I'll definitely get it done then.

saleen09

Chris- how much, what's the turnaround for taking a '12 head unit and making it camera capable? Also, can you change the software to make it '13 specs, such as intellilink with pandora, etc? Please PM me if you can,
Trev-

Chris, I'm also wanting the above. DO TELL as you PM's aren't enabled

saleen09(at)Hotmail.com

GTPprix

Metro Detroit, MI
Buick Ownership
Lacrosse CXS
Chris, I'm also wanting the above. DO TELL as you PM's aren't enabled

saleen09(at)Hotmail.com

Yeah sorry guys I cant keep up on so many sites, best thing I can tell you to do would be find my site and email me (I'm not hard to find) and we can figure something out. We primarily unlock the features in motion for most people but can do this for you as well.

DonRican

Buick Ownership
2012 GS
There was a thread on upgrading the radio using a Cruze head unit and activating it with a 2013 regal vin. I think they found an input which could be video. That might be the solution.

saleen09

There was a thread on upgrading the radio using a Cruze head unit and activating it with a 2013 regal vin. I think they found an input which could be video. That might be the solution.

I did read that BUT it lost a lot of the Regal specific features and wasn't quite an OEM level integration.

cubaniche

Buick Ownership
Buick
You aren't going to find anything that is OEM for the 2011-13 Regal.

The closest you would get to that would be by taking GTPprix up on his offer to mod the programming on the stock headunit to accept and display a video feed.

wierz11

AZ
Buick Ownership
E92 M3, E46 330, E24 635CSi
Here is his website, for those that are interested: White Audio and Media

I'd like to see if he could program a turbo "gauge" for our DIC, and maintaining the weight of the wheel in "GS" mode all of the time.

Last edited:

billy mild

Buick Ownership
Buick
My wife really wanted a backup camera on the Regal GS, but they didn't offer it on 2013's. The dealer said they could install one for $800 that would be integrated.

GTPprix

Metro Detroit, MI
Buick Ownership
Lacrosse CXS
I have looked into this....below is a group out of Colorado that claims they do it that integrates pretty well...I need to call him back tomorrow and get some more info on it. Wondering how the camera mounts in the back.....

http://autospatech.com/car-trucks-s...-verano-buick-regal-backup-camera-system.html

Oh lord. look at the pics... two sets of guide lines?!? (and its pointed UP not down). I mean it costs more than doing it the OEM way and it looks horrible. Plus the way they do the programming bricks the radio from future software updates.

Last edited:

saleen09

Yeah sorry guys I cant keep up on so many sites, best thing I can tell you to do would be find my site and email me (I'm not hard to find) and we can figure something out. We primarily unlock the features in motion for most people but can do this for you as well.

Chris, found you and email sent.

Thanks.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!