• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Rear Wheel Bearing

avtechwx3

Buick Ownership
1992 buick lesabre and 2000 buick park avenue
Hi Folk,

Seems like the passenger side rear wheel bearing is moaning. I think this is a fairly straightforward job except for the emergency brake cable connecting to the caliper, I want to put a new one in because its really old and creaky. I saw a vid on this but what is the key to this. Hold the spring steady with a pair of pliers and then compress the spring near the head with needle nose pliers?
Is it simply a matter of reconnecting the cable to the caliper by slotting it in? Any tips would be appreciated.

Zeroboostbuick

S.W. Ontario Canada
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback - 2010 Yamaha R6 (track bike) Past cars: 92 LeSabre, 98 Regal, 02 GrandPrixGT
I'm pretty sure the Parking brake stays attached to the caliper, so nothing you have to do with it.

But of course, I could be wrong.
:unsure:

avtechwx3

Buick Ownership
Hello,

Well, I figured since I was going to do the bearing, I would change the caliper, its original over 19 years old with 183000 miles. The e brake does connect to it and I don't think removing is bad but any tips on installing on new caliper.

Boosted2004SC

Iowa
Buick Ownership
2004 Park Avenue Ultra
On my 04 the eBrake design I believe is slightly different, but also connected to the rear brake caliper. It was the biggest PITA of my entire brake job. Hopefully yours is easier, I think it's integrated in the caliper with a mechanism that allows loosening/tightening? Member Drakito tried to help explain it to me and then we realized that my 04 and his 03 actually had different ebrake connectors to the caliper (hoping yours is easier).

avtechwx3

Buick Ownership
Drakito,

I' willing to bet your 03 is probably more similar to my 00. Any offerings on how to reinstall?

Pedal Commander