• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Recall 30/06/22 Regal 2018-2020

lLePunisherl

Quebec,Canada
Buick Ownership
Buick Regal GS 2019
I saw someone post this recall on facebook page. I validated on my Buick app.

• No de rappel GM
  • N222370090
  • No de rappel de Transports Canada
  • Date d’émission :
  • Jun 30, 2022
Titre du rappel :
Increased Stopping Distance During Certain Brake Vacuum Loss Events
Description du rappel :
General Motors has decided that certain 2018-2020 model year Buick Regal vehicles may fail to conform to S7.11 of Federal/Canada Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (F/CMVSS) No. 135, “Light vehicle brake systems.” Following a partial or full loss of vacuum-brake assist pressure, these vehicles may exceed the stopping-distance requirements in S7.11 of FMVSS 135.
Description du risque pour la sécurité :
If the vehicle’s vacuum-power brake assist partially or fully fails, braking events may require additional stopping distance, depending on the brake-pedal force applied by the driver. Increased stopping distances could increase the risk of a crash.
Description de la réparation :
Dealers will reflash the software in the electronic brake control module (EBCM).

Statut du rappel : INCOMPLET. RÉPARATION NON ENCORE DISPONIBLE

94cruiser

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
Red needle TourX
Do you have more info?
Link?

When I type in the N222370090 into a search engine I see no results?

Mark..B

I was just heading to the dealer to buy a Tourx and they called to cancel saying they couldn't since there was a recall. Had to find another car at CarMax, now I have to wait two weeks for it to arrive when the other was just 20 miles away. I even agreed to sign a waiver, etc. but they wouldn't sell!

94cruiser

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
Red needle TourX
Carfax states the following:

Remedy Not Available

Let’s give it a couple of weeks till they figure this out.

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

RavenRandt

Buick Ownership
18 TourX essence
Saw it on my Carfax report today as well:

1 Open Recall Reported​

06/30/2022​

Manufacturer Non-Compliance recall issued
NHTSA: #PENDING
Recall: #N222370090
INCREASED STOPPING DISTANCE DURING CERTAIN BRAKE
VACUUM LOSS EVENTS

Locate an authorized General Motors dealer to obtain more information about this recall.

Guess we will have to wait until a remedy is available?

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Based on the information below, sounds like a software fix.
You can search in the link with your own VIN.

From NHTSA (Recalls | NHTSA):

Jun 30,2022

Manufacturer Recall Number
N222370090

NHTSA Recall Number
AWAITING#

Recall Status
Recall Incomplete, remedy not yet available

Summary
General Motors has decided that certain 2018-2020 model year Buick Regal vehicles may fail to conform to S7.11 of Federal/Canada Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (F/CMVSS) No. 135, “Light vehicle brake systems.” Following a partial or full loss of vacuum-brake assist pressure, these vehicles may exceed the stopping-distance requirements in S7.11 of FMVSS 135.

Safety Risk
If the vehicle’s vacuum-power brake assist partially or fully fails, braking events may require additional stopping distance, depending on the brake-pedal force applied by the driver. Increased stopping distances could increase the risk of a crash.

Remedy
Dealers will reflash the software in the electronic brake control module (EBCM).

"Manufacturer's Notes"
Visit manufacturer website at https://my.gm.com/recalls for more information. For GM Canada Company visit website at https://gmrecallcentre.ca

If the manufacturer has failed or is unable to remedy this safety recall for your vehicle in a timely manner, please contact the NHTSA Vehicle Safety Hotline at: 1-888-327-4236 or TTY: 1-800-424-9153 or file an online complaint with NHTSA.

garbageguy

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence, 1985 Skyhawk T-Type, 1982 Regal Coupe, 1970 Skylark sedan
From what D2R posted (thank you)

…"depending on the brake-pedal force applied by the driver"...

Does this suggest you'd have to press harder, and if you couldn't for some reason, it wouldn't meet a stopping distance in a regulation?

94cruiser

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
Red needle TourX
Perhaps the system was designed from the factory where the EBCM would apply more pressure if the brake booster is not applying sufficient power brake assist?

ZB Commodore Owner

Hamilton, New Zealand
Buick Ownership
2019 Holden ZB Commodore RSV Liftback 3.6 AWD
Perhaps the system was designed from the factory where the EBCM would apply more pressure if the brake booster is not applying sufficient power brake assist?
You might be onto something there though not so much the actual brake assist from the booster as the system deciding you need more braking than you've applied.

I have had the AEB (auto emergency braking) operate once. I was at a set of lights which had a free left turn (your equivalent of a free right turn), the car in front initially started to proceed and I kept moving. I glanced right to confirm all was clear, to look back in front to find the preceeding car had decided to stop for some unknown reason. As I hit the brake pedal very firmly I got the collision alert and then I felt the brake pedal move down further without me applying any more pressure.

The system decided I needed maximum braking and applied full braking.

BenD

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
I knew that there was something wrong with braking system or transmission. I reported that problem the first week i started driving that car….Answer was….It’s normal !!! when you've been driving cars for over 40 years I think I can recognize when a vehicle has a problem. I don't want to denigrate young mechanics but I think that at 22, you haven't driven enough cars in your life to be able to diagnose certain problems. What is sad in all this is that the manufacturer orders them to rely on reports and service bulletins....no bulletin no problem....chicken or egg!!!!!

BenD

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
I reported this problem to a first dealer during my first appointment I then had 6999 Km (4Kmiles) and then at 11646 Km (7kMiles) has a second dealer.

The description is in French but basically, it says that I lacked braking close to a complete stop.

Attachments

• Lussier Frein.jpg
    Lussier Frein.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 17
  • Deschamps Frein.jpg
    Deschamps Frein.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 15

BenD

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
🤣🤣🤣 I sent a note this morning to my dealer asking why I did not received any letter or email about that recall…answer was…. It’s normal because recall hasn’t been completed and when solution will be found, they will communicate with customers….

Ok so by the time, you can crash your car, there’s no «express remediation » like garbageguy mentioned above, #10 ??

That’s crazy

lLePunisherl

Quebec,Canada
Buick Ownership
Buick Regal GS 2019
I reported this problem to a first dealer during my first appointment I then had 6999 Km (4Kmiles) and then at 11646 Km (7kMiles) has a second dealer.

The description is in French but basically, it says that I lacked braking close to a complete stop.
The 1001 problem man. Sorry for you. I never had problem with my brake.

eccs19

Buick Ownership
2011 Regal & 2018 Regal
I just called my dealer for an appointment and they mentioned this new recall and that there was no fix yet. I've actually experieced this problem twice while stopping. The one time I specifically remember because I thought maybe it was an ABS problem because it was slippery out at the time, so assumed ABS didn't kick in properly, but vacumm might actually make sense because I remember the pedal being super hard and I had to really stand on the pedal to get the car to come to a full stop.

BenD

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
I'm guessing it's a transmission problem. Seems like sometimes when downshifting, the transmission slips and it feels like it shifts into neutral for a split second. this removes power to the wheels. when you step on the brake you know and feel the pressure needed to stop, but when what I explained above happens it screws up your calculation on how much braking force to apply and you have a speed boost before readjusting your pressure.