Receiving texts, HELP

oldcar1

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I have my Android phone paired with my encore GX Essence. I cannot receive texts. I was told by the dealer after a month of trying that texting works through Android auto. It's installed on my phone and is activated on my car. Still no texts? Do I need to un-pair my phone and re-pair it? It's worked fine on my Cascada and the Envision I traded in. I've had the car 6 weeks and I'm liking it less each week.
I have a knocking noise on acceleration when the engine is cold. Dealer tells me that's normal. I just also found out I have to keep Onstar to continue to use the Navigation. It's a shame you spend 35k for a car and have to pay a monthly fee to keep the accessories you paid extra for working. I guess I'll have to dig out my old GPS or use Android auto. Sigh.

Any help with the texting issue would be appreciated.

MelsRegal

Staff member
Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
Did you try turning AA off on phone and car?
Did your car come with the Navigation package, if so it doesn't use OnStar.

oldcar1

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I do have the Nav package. When I used it for the first time last weekend there was a message saying I only had x number of days left before my Onstar package expired and the Nav feature would no longer work. On my previous Buick's the Nav worked regardless of having Onstar or not. I may have misundestood the message. I'll have to use it again to see. I've turned the AA on and off, still no texts. Does anyone know if you can connect to AA without the cord? Thanks

WINROSS10

Buick Ownership
EncoreGX st
Any body been able to find rock guards for sport package or vent visors....HELP

MelsRegal

Staff member
Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
I do have the Nav package. When I used it for the first time last weekend there was a message saying I only had x number of days left before my Onstar package expired and the Nav feature would no longer work. On my previous Buick's the Nav worked regardless of having Onstar or not. I may have misundestood the message. I'll have to use it again to see. I've turned the AA on and off, still no texts. Does anyone know if you can connect to AA without the cord? Thanks
Bluetooth should permit AA connection

catwoman255

Buick Ownership
Encore GX
I have my Android phone paired with my encore GX Essence. I cannot receive texts. I was told by the dealer after a month of trying that texting works through Android auto. It's installed on my phone and is activated on my car. Still no texts? Do I need to un-pair my phone and re-pair it? It's worked fine on my Cascada and the Envision I traded in. I've had the car 6 weeks and I'm liking it less each week.
I have a knocking noise on acceleration when the engine is cold. Dealer tells me that's normal. I just also found out I have to keep Onstar to continue to use the Navigation. It's a shame you spend 35k for a car and have to pay a monthly fee to keep the accessories you paid extra for working. I guess I'll have to dig out my old GPS or use Android auto. Sigh.

Any help with the texting issue would be appreciated.
I think that is a feature they changed. in order to get texts, your phone has to be connected with your USB. In my 2018 Encore, they came automatically through the infotainment unit. Maybe they changed it for "safety" reasons, but it is annoying. I'd be interested to know if i'm just missing something in my GX.

G-451863

Update,

I had the car at the dealer and they were able to pair other andriod phones to my car and get texts using the usb cable. So, the problem is with my new andriod phone. Samsung says they don't have a fix.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!