Recommended mod: top post battery

Buick Ownership
1998 Buick Park Avenue
I personally have done this, and it's such a good way to get more practicality out of the car. Fortunately, it is made stupid easy to do this conversion on park avenues, which makes me wonder why it wasnt that way from factory. The side post bolts into the lug ontop of the battery. 13mm bolt takes it off. Then buy some marine terminals and voila you have a beautiful connection to the battery that is easier to maintain, stronger, easier to jump off, and simpler.

And don't mind my battery, I paid 300 for that beast of an AGM and it was well worth it, started my car in the recent polar vortex with ease. Having the ability to deep cycle and longer life will make it a well worth investment.

In my case, I purchased some top post brass terminals off amazon for about 13 bucks that are solid and will help prevent corrosion between themselves and the brass posts of my battery. I am going to change the wing nuts, however, for some brass nuts. But that is down the road.

Attachments

Alan 55

Buick Newbie
Florida
Buick Ownership
2001 Buick Park Avenue, previously owned 1997 Park Avenue
I personally have done this, and it's such a good way to get more practicality out of the car. Fortunately, it is made stupid easy to do this conversion on park avenues, which makes me wonder why it wasnt that way from factory. The side post bolts into the lug ontop of the battery. 13mm bolt takes it off. Then buy some marine terminals and voila you have a beautiful connection to the battery that is easier to maintain, stronger, easier to jump off, and simpler.

And don't mind my battery, I paid 300 for that beast of an AGM and it was well worth it, started my car in the recent polar vortex with ease. Having the ability to deep cycle and longer life will make it a well worth investment.

In my case, I purchased some top post brass terminals off amazon for about 13 bucks that are solid and will help prevent corrosion between themselves and the brass posts of my battery. I am going to change the wing nuts, however, for some brass nuts. But that is down the road.
A very interesting modification and I am glad that it is working well for you during such cold weather! Thanks for sharing the picture.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.