Reconnecting air ride suspension

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
A few drive cycles should show if it's working properly or get 5 NFL players, 2 in the trunk and 3 in the rear seat and that would show any issues LOL.

imidazol97

Top Dog
If the pump and motor are still working, you're the luckiest guy in the world. The fuse should have been pulled when the original struts were not used.

The delay is about 25 seconds after the key it turned to ON for the system to do the self test. It will run for a second or two and then vent if necessary. During driving if the height sensor says it needs to rise or drop, that has to be true for 17 seconds before the system does an adjustment. That number 17 may be wrong but it sticks in my mind.

I can get you the wiring diagram for the 03 if you need it for that system from the service manual. Hopefully you'll find the pump and level arm and the sensor for the level arm are all still working! And compatible with the new shocks you put on from the Cadillac.

2003 lesabre limited
If the pump and motor are still working, you're the luckiest guy in the world. The fuse should have been pulled when the original struts were not used.

The delay is about 25 seconds after the key it turned to ON for the system to do the self test. It will run for a second or two and then vent if necessary. During driving if the height sensor says it needs to rise or drop, that has to be true for 17 seconds before the system does an adjustment. That number 17 may be wrong but it sticks in my mind.

I can get you the wiring diagram for the 03 if you need it for that system from the service manual. Hopefully you'll find the pump and level arm and the sensor for the level arm are all still working! And compatible with the new shocks you put on from the Cadillac.
If you could send that diagram that would be awesome. I can at least have it on hand in case I do need to repair anything in the future

agaric

Buick Newbie
Sustaining Member
2017 Regal GS AWD Crimson Red Tint Coat
Just think of the valuable life lessons you learned in the process.😉

Last edited:

LARRY70GS

Oakland Gardens, N.Y.
98 Riviera, 70 GS455 Stg1
It tuns on about 30 seconds after you start the car. It is a self test.
X2, every time you start the car, the air compressor will run for 3-5 seconds after a 17-35 second delay. This happens whether the rear is low or not. Start the car, then walk around to the R/S rear tire and wait. The compressor will run and shut off.

There is a relay for the ELC. It's a 4 pin rectangular relay. On my 98, it located in one of two boxes under the rear seal bottom cushion (where the battery is). You can remove the plastic cover on the relay, plug it in, and trigger the relay manually and the compressor will run.

Frampton

2003 buick lesabre custom
X2, every time you start the car, the air compressor will run for 3-5 seconds after a 17-35 second delay. This happens whether the rear is low or not. Start the car, then walk around to the R/S rear tire and wait. The compressor will run and shut off.

There is a relay for the ELC. It's a 4 pin rectangular relay. On my 98, it located in one of two boxes under the rear seal bottom cushion (where the battery is). You can remove the plastic cover on the relay, plug it in, and trigger the relay manually and the compressor will run.
You wouldn't happen to have a part# for the relay would you?

Frampton

It's the same relay for the horn and several other components. On my 98, the Horn relay and ELC relay are right next to each other. I have swapped them just as a test. It's this one,

More Information for STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS RY601
Thank you! Idk if my system is really working because I have a big hearing problem and couldn't hear the pump to save my life. I just put the Monroe MA822 shocks on and it rides much better so I'm guessing the system works....

2004CSOTP

2004 Buick Lesabre Custom
Yeah I drove 5 friends to get food today and no issues there and back. I would say the ride is even better with more people in the car.
If the pump is working, you would hear it when you turn the key on. Throw 5 guys in it and you'll really hear it. If you're not hearing a hum, they are not working. If you buy new, Monroe is a reliable option. I put a pair of Monroe rear shocks and front quick struts in mine. It made it ride like it should.

Frampton

If the pump is working, you would hear it when you turn the key on. Throw 5 guys in it and you'll really hear it. If you're not hearing a hum, they are not working. If you buy new, Monroe is a reliable option. I put a pair of Monroe rear shocks and front quick struts in mine. It made it ride like it should.
Well like I said, I have a hearing problem. Can't hear myself fart! 😆

Turbo Buick Badge