• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Redline Reviews: Regal GS

stoopid

Las Vegas, NV
Buick Ownership
2017 LaCrosse 1SL
Positive review.

Still throwing around that 4300 pound figure. If that ends up being true that's going to sink any performance potential.

Skylarkin'

Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
St. Louis, Missouri
Buick Ownership
2015 Buick Verano Turbo
A decent review. The reason for no paddle shifters has been documented in print reviews since last summer - Buick decided most drivers wouldn't use them beyond a once or twice trial and IMO, without a manual transmission, paddle shifters are an affectation at best. As for the blank buttons ahead of the shifter, those are filled in on the Opel Insignia, and presumably the Holden Commodore, too. One of those controls allows the driver to defeat the stop/start function.

XtraPerformance

Buick Ownership
2016 Regal GS
A decent review. The reason for no paddle shifters has been documented in print reviews since last summer - Buick decided most drivers wouldn't use them beyond a once or twice trial and IMO, without a manual transmission, paddle shifters are an affectation at best. As for the blank buttons ahead of the shifter, those are filled in on the Opel Insignia, and presumably the Holden Commodore, too. One of those controls allows the driver to defeat the stop/start function.
Buick's reasoning for not including paddle shifters doesn't make sense to me as they are included on the new LaCrosse. Why add them there but not on their sportiest offering? My guess is cost savings rather than the excuse they are giving everyone.

BahamaTodd

3.8L Member
Palm Beach, FL
Buick Ownership
2018.5 Regal GS
The other function is the auto park assist where the car can steer and park for you. Still don't understand why we don't get that. Along with the 360° camera. The Opel and Holden versions also get paddle shifters.

Dmattinson

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
The other function is the auto park assist where the car can steer and park for you. Still don't understand why we don't get that. Along with the 360° camera. The Opel and Holden versions also get paddle shifters.
Have to leave some options for next year to make the two model years different in some way

CoconutRob

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I just do not get the options and style difference's from other markets. Kia did the same thing with the stinger. They both want to do something different to capture the market but keep ripping the US.
OK got that out, after watching this review I will now reconsider the GS.

shs92645

Barrington, RI
Buick Ownership
2013 Regal GS, Smokey Grey, auto, 19”, Nav
I thought that this review was quite positive. His rant about paddle shifters was expected. I have them on my wife’s Audi and they are a complete waste of time. Just as easy to use the shifter. He also mentioned that he was surprised how tight the car was and that it was firmly planted with the AWD.
I’ve come to the conclusion that many car reviewers find it hard to believe that a Buick can be this good. I remember when I test drove my first Regal after driving Audi’s for a number of years and how surprised I was. And after owning a GS for a bit over one year I know how much better it is than my ‘11 turbo. I’m guessing that the ‘18 GS is one great car. After a few more years in mine I might just buy one!

stoopid

Las Vegas, NV
Buick Ownership
2017 LaCrosse 1SL
The front seats are the only good thing about it. The exhaust doesn't sound much different from my 13 GS.
It's tough to tell from recorded audio, but I can definitely say from owning that V6 engine (and having owned a 2.0T Regal for 2.5 years) that the exhaust note on the V6 is vastly better than the 2.0T

BahamaTodd

3.8L Member
Palm Beach, FL
Buick Ownership
2018.5 Regal GS
The front seats are the only good thing about it. The exhaust doesn't sound much different from my 13 GS.
Look up exhaust clips for any GM car with the V6 in the last few years (Cadillac ATS, CTS, Camaro etc). This has the same V6 and sound potential.
[video=youtube;Qrs0oa-XIV4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qrs0oa-XIV4[/video]

[video=youtube;1Kxb56AJXyg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Kxb56AJXyg[/video]

SSJ455

Hudson Valley
Buick Ownership
2013 Quicksilver Regal GS
Look up exhaust clips for any GM car with the V6 in the last few years (Cadillac ATS, CTS, Camaro etc). This has the same V6 and sound potential.
[video=youtube;Qrs0oa-XIV4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qrs0oa-XIV4[/video]

[video=youtube;1Kxb56AJXyg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Kxb56AJXyg[/video]
The Camaro clip makes it sound very nice. The clip of the new Regal didn't sound much different than my GS.

Pedal Commander