• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

"Reduced Engine Power/Service Stabilitrak"

mbrockman5

Buick Ownership
Buick
I was wondering if anyone else has had this happen before......I started my 2012 Verano(non-T) to head home (50 miles away) after work yesterday and when I pulled out of the driveway, my Check Engine Light was one as well as "Reduced Engine Power" and "Service Stabilitrak" messages on my display. I immediately pulled over, shut the car off and restarted it but nothing changed. I started heading to the local dealership down the street to ask them to check it out, but my car wouldn't go over 20-30mph. The service dept. was closed, so I went ahead and disconnected the battery for a minute or 2 then reconnected it. When I started the car, everything seemed to be perfectly fine and I haven't had an issue since, but it still causes a little worrisome curiosity as to what caused it..... Any ideas?

germanshepherd

Buick Ownership
2014 Verano Premium-summit white
Think I read that on some other gm forums, same thing. Forget which car but was one that uses the stabiltrak system.

Detroit, USA
I was wondering if anyone else has had this happen before......I started my 2012 Verano(non-T) to head home (50 miles away) after work yesterday and when I pulled out of the driveway, my Check Engine Light was one as well as "Reduced Engine Power" and "Service Stabilitrak" messages on my display. I immediately pulled over, shut the car off and restarted it but nothing changed. I started heading to the local dealership down the street to ask them to check it out, but my car wouldn't go over 20-30mph. The service dept. was closed, so I went ahead and disconnected the battery for a minute or 2 then reconnected it. When I started the car, everything seemed to be perfectly fine and I haven't had an issue since, but it still causes a little worrisome curiosity as to what caused it..... Any ideas?
Hi mbrockman5,

We’re truly sorry to hear that you’re experiencing these engine concerns in your Verano. We understand it can be difficult to pinpoint the exact cause when you’re experiencing an intermittent concern. However, if you would like to have this diagnosed by your local Buick dealership, we would be happy to assist by reaching out to them on your behalf. To proceed, please send us a private message with your VIN, current mileage, full contact information and preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kindly,

Samantha N
Buick Customer Care

mbrockman5

Buick Ownership
Buick
So I've been thinking about it.... I failed to mention that I put in a K&N box filter when I replaced the factory air filter. Do you think that is what caused the issue? It hasn't done it since I disconnected/reconnected the battery.

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
sounds like dirt on a wheel speed sensor. Are you experiencing any icy or snowy weather which could build up on a sensor?

mbrockman5

Buick Ownership
Buick
Ha.... Not in California brother. Lol.

Just playing.... But no, just some rainy weather. There hasn't been very many days with freezing temps this year.... I was thinking that with the new K&N box filter, maybe the computer just needed to be reset for the new volume of airflow? Does that make sense?

mbrockman5

Buick Ownership
Buick
So it happened again today... This time I got to the service dept. before the last guy left. I couldn't leave my car, but luckily he had a code reader on him so he went ahead and ran the code and it threw a P00C9 code which is High Pressure Fuel Pump... But what would cause that? Current Mileage is 48,xxx....

G-380340

D&Knieft

Buick Ownership
2013 Buick verano
I've got a 13 doing the same thing I was told I need to replace the fuel pressure sensor on the fuel rail haven't done it yet but it goes into limp mode for about 5 minutes then acts like nothing happened for a month or 2 been trying to find out how to get to the pressure sensor but can't find anything on it unless I have to take the intake and all that jazz off

Turbo Buick Badge