• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Regal and TourX productions cuts

Bald Regal

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
My battery died today so a coworker jump started it and I dropped it off at the Buick dealer near my work place. They gave me an Encore SUV loaner to drive until they replace my battery. This POS is so dang slow and I hate it! Can't wait to get back in my car tomorrow.

😂

fng

Delaware Ohio
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Essence Frost White Tri-Coat
Yes, fleet sales count as sales. But they're typically negotiated down to a price that leaves little margin for the manufacturer. I'm not familiar with Uber leases, but I suspect that the driver typically keeps the car for a while.

I believe that Hertx, Avis, etc. buy Malibus for their rental fleets. Again, low margins for the manufacturer; additionally, they typically enter the used car market in a relatively short time, depressing used car (and thus new car lease residual) values.

Some years ago, Toyota sold a lot of cars to the rental companies; Honda did not. That both companies are successful/profitable just shows that there is no one right answer.

KMNewman

Buick Ownership
Regal GS
I’m new to this forum, so I’m still attempting to navigate the site.
Has anyone posted production and US sales numbers for the 2018 Regal GS?
Wikipedia published 2,000 units, but I can’t find any other site that confirms the number. Does anyone know?

Skylarkin'

Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
St. Louis, Missouri
Buick Ownership
2015 Buick Verano Turbo
The sales numbers I see don't break the data down by trim level. GM sold 14,118 Regals last year but that's every trim of the sportback and the wagon.

KMNewman

Buick Ownership
Regal GS
Thank you for the reply.
I've seen the 14,118 number in Automotiove News. It appears that Buick/GM have yet to publish Regal production numbers by model or trim level.
I recently purchased a 2018 GS, which I love and I was just wondering how many are on the road.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
I hope we have about 6 years with this model - so 2023-ish? However, the Cascada will be done at the end of 2019...so that put it at a 4-year life in the US.
6 years, sort of not likely.

ntorch

Blandon, PA
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
That article says nothing about Buick keeping the new 2020 updated Insignia as a Buick considering PSA now owns the development. That's the real question.

Steve F.

Buick Ownership
Potential TourX owner
This is the last year for the LaCrosse and Cascada. If they also dropped the Regal for 2020, that would leave Buick 3 vehicles in their product lineup for 2020 (their 3 SUV’s). I don’t think they can afford to drop the Regal for 2020, it would make Buick look like a dying brand.

lurch70

Queens, NY
Buick Ownership
Owned a 1976 Regal & 1990 Riviera
Just came back from the NY Auto Show ... much to my surprise at the large Buick exhibit, the TourX had the most action around it.

Only other wagons at the show were the Audi and VW ... and the 2020 Outback had an insane display ... much improved interior over the outgoing model.

Zaxer

MKE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
I should have posted my ramblings on this thread...staying on topic is not my strong suit...

Given the continued success of the Enclave (made in US), Envision (made in China) and Encore (made in Korea), I wonder about Buick’s future in anything not CUV. The LaCrosse is dead, the Cascada is dead (was that supposed to make Buick more youthful? Where’s a Wildcat homage with a Buick massaged LT-1 when you need it?). The Regal as we know will likely end production once PSA ends their contract (let’s all pray for a miracle here). So either Regal will be manufactured domestically (not sure where given GM is planning to idle 5 US plants) or possibly the Chinese version (sedan) may be federalized and imported. No idea how the Chinese version drives - but it looks just like the sportback (sans hatch)...

View attachment 15105

Intuitively it seems unbelievable that Buick might abandon ship on a Regal in their line up. However, the sedan apocalypse is happening in the US. Buick may just say to hell with it and follow in Ford’s footsteps.

shs92645

Barrington, RI
Buick Ownership
2013 Regal GS, Smokey Grey, auto, 19”, Nav
I saw several TourX wagons in Florida this winter, primarily with Midwest plates on them. They are very classy vehicles. I think that if Buick put more effort into marketing them they could be a good seller.

Pathy01

I saw several TourX wagons in Florida this winter, primarily with Midwest plates on them. They are very classy vehicles. I think that if Buick put more effort into marketing them they could be a good seller.
Add another one in Florida. I picked up my Sport Red Essence TourX on Friday. I'm on the fence as to whether I want wagons to make a big comeback in the market. I kinda like being a little different from the masses with their generic SUVs/Crossovers/Whatever they will call them next.

Pedal Commander