Regal assembly plant video

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
I was so looking forward to cell phones putting a vehicle together, LOL.

LeeH

Buick Ownership
2019 Buick Tour X Essence
Opel Insignia is Regal Sportback. Opel Insignia tourer is the Buick Tour X...same car.
Maybe "androids" was a bad choice of words!!, perhaps Robots? or aliens assembling the cars? LOL

LeeH

Buick Ownership
2019 Buick Tour X Essence
A robot is simply a machine like r2d2 from star wars. ... An android is a robot that looks kind of human. Maybe the humans are hidden underneath those wraps (sheets) that are painting the cars. If you do not appreciate the posting of the video. .just say it!. If you want to criticize my choice of words. .that's OK too.

Anaduff

SUPPORTING MEMBER
St. Paul, Minnesota
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal (8 miles away)
The sealant squirting 'bots (at about 18 min. in) are almost hypnotic. But I'm a pushover for films like this--reminds me of those movies we used to watch in industrial art class in high school.

Jon17GS

NJ
Buick Ownership
2017 Buick Regal GS
Thanks for posting, I enjoyed watching the process. It's amazing the thought, resources and energy put into design and implementation down to even the smallest parts. It's a tremendous scale and process when you break it all down.

My father worked 'on the line' and was there when 'robots' were starting to be introduced.

Buick Ownership
New Tourx Owner
I toured the GM Linden NJ assembly plant in the mid 1960's when I was a kid. The noise was deafening. The silence in this plant is eerie. We bought a factory delivery Volvo S80 in 1999 and they give you a tour of the assembly line. It was just as quiet the only difference was Volvo had potted plants all over the factory.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.