• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Regal GS Sportback - Tailgate Emblem

GranSport2019

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS, 2016 Regal Premium II
I am not sure if this has been discussed before but I am swapping out my push button tailgate push button on my 2019 GS to the Opel push button emblem. I would like to know has anyone swapped them out? Was there any issues with the emblem fitting or special additional parts that may need to be ordered?

Thanks!

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
By the looks of it, the Buick emblem itself is attached to a backing plate. The backer probably attaches to the button mechanism/switch. You may need to do some minor fitment or appearance modifications to attach the Opel emblem to the backer.
1565802356040.png

@Anaduff may be able to enlighten you after the Vauxhall conversion. Considering where our cars come from, maybe reversion is more accurate: Debadged Liftgate?

Even the steering wheel got the treatment: Show us your best shot

Anaduff

SUPPORTING MEMBER
St. Paul, Minnesota
Buick Ownership
2019 Insignia (with a Buick radio)
Ebay would be the less expensive route (be sure to check the 'Worldwide' box to get the European sellers). As has been mentioned before--heat gun (or sunny day) and either dental floss or fishing line will make short work of existing badges, followed-up with Goo Gone or mineral spirits to remove any remaining adhesive. Strictly speaking, you should have a can of touch-up spray to re-paint the boot latch cover since the Vauxhall rear emblem normally shows the body colour behind the badge, whereas the Buick is just black (I didn't do this on mine, but I think it looks OK).

Rear badge: 39033852
'INSIGNIA' badge: 13409223
'TURBO' badge: 93192477

P1000245b.v01.JPG

GranSport2019

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS, 2016 Regal Premium II
I want to do that too. I'm in the states and would love to know where to go to get the parts. If I could rebadge the Regal to an Insignia, that would be dope.
I am currently in the process of rebadging my 2019 GS to a Opel GSi. Get in contact with @blitzparts for ordering parts. I 100% recommend working with him. He is amazing and helping me out with getting the parts I need. I'm working on doing my car EOM back to front inside and out as much as possible.
I am going to get the opel tail gate emblem and have it installed it doesnt seem like there will be an issue. I'll post pictures on my car on this forum once the outside is completed then again with the inside.