Regal Sales Up 21% in Q4 2018

Katsubento

Hawaii
Buick Ownership
2018.5 Regal GS
Buick Regal sales increased in the United States and in Canada while decreasing in Mexico in the fourth quarter of 2018.

In the United States, Buick Regal deliveries totaled 3,110 units in Q4 2018, an increase of about 21 percent compared to 2,569 units sold in Q4 2017.

During the complete 2018 calendar year, Regal sales increased about 22 percent to 14,118 units.

Read more: Buick Regal Sales Increase 21 Percent To 3,110 Units In Q4 2018

89quattro

Buick Ownership
2018.5 TourX
Quote from the article;
"In fact, we believe that Regal sales would be even higher if GM/Buick marketed the vehicle."

Wow

stoopid

Las Vegas, NV
Buick Ownership
2017 LaCrosse 1SL
Quote from the article;
"In fact, we believe that Regal sales would be even higher if GM/Buick marketed the vehicle."

Wow
While I agree 100% with their sentiment, I don't think it would make enough of a difference (or recoup the marketing and advertising costs). Cars, even GOOD cars (like the LaCrosse), are going away.

Foxbat

Michiana
Buick Ownership
2018 Quicksilver Regal Sportback Essence AWD
Hi, I've been lurking for almost a year now, trying to gauge the popularity of the 2018+ Buick Regal Sportback and TourX. Here's what I've observed in the northern Indiana area over the past year: Most of the Regals I located on dealer lots in March/April of 2018 are still in those dealers' inventory. I've seen the incentives jump and the total amount of discount from MSRP is typically around $9K-$11K. So, at least in the Midwest, the 2018 Regal is not "flying off the lots"; it's very much a buyers' market.

Also, I have spotted exactly four Regal Sportback and TourX on the road in that last year. As a comparison, I have lost count of the number of Tesla Model S, Model X, and now Model 3 EVs on those same roads. So, even if GM is reporting an increase of 21% Q3 to Q4, those sales aren't happening around here.

Anyway, not what I expected to be my first post here. I'm researching a replacement for my wife's Mercury Milan and while she enjoyed driving the one FWD Essence we found last March, it was in Carrageen Green which my wife said looked like NyQuil. That car is still on the dealer's website, BTW, now $12,160 off MSRP. (I notice Buick dropped that color for 2019)

Katsubento

Hawaii
Buick Ownership
2018.5 Regal GS
Hi, I've been lurking for almost a year now, trying to gauge the popularity of the 2018+ Buick Regal Sportback and TourX. Here's what I've observed in the northern Indiana area over the past year: Most of the Regals I located on dealer lots in March/April of 2018 are still in those dealers' inventory. I've seen the incentives jump and the total amount of discount from MSRP is typically around $9K-$11K. So, at least in the Midwest, the 2018 Regal is not "flying off the lots"; it's very much a buyers' market.

Also, I have spotted exactly four Regal Sportback and TourX on the road in that last year. As a comparison, I have lost count of the number of Tesla Model S, Model X, and now Model 3 EVs on those same roads. So, even if GM is reporting an increase of 21% Q3 to Q4, those sales aren't happening around here.

Anyway, not what I expected to be my first post here. I'm researching a replacement for my wife's Mercury Milan and while she enjoyed driving the one FWD Essence we found last March, it was in Carrageen Green which my wife said looked like NyQuil. That car is still on the dealer's website, BTW, now $12,160 off MSRP. (I notice Buick dropped that color for 2019)
21% from a low number won't be flying off lots nor does it mean you will start seeing them everywhere.

It means sales have picked up 21% compared to before that's all. It's still a better sign than no increase or even less sales.

Bald Regal

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
21% from a low number won't be flying off lots nor does it mean you will start seeing them everywhere.

It means sales have picked up 21% compared to before that's all. It's still a better sign than no increase or even less sales.
This. 21% of poor sales, while encouraging, will not save the model. My dealer told me quite forwardly before I had even purchased yet, that 19 (20 the latest), Buick will be stop selling cars all together.

toga94m

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
20% increase in sales means they sold 6 cars instead of 5............. ;)

mitchflorida

Buick Newbie
South Florida
Buick Ownership
2016 Summit White Regal, Premium II, Moonroof, Driver Confidence Package
Buick is now promoting the new Regal but in an almost neutral way. The television ad shows a man looking very briefly at a Buick sedan and asking "Is that your Buick"? And the other person, a young attractive woman, responds cheerfully, "No, that's my Buick!", smiling and pointing at her brand new Buick SUV. Buick is getting to be known as a top quality SUV maker. I see a lot more Buick SUVs than sedans, that's for sure.

The ad is trying to make the point that Buick sedans are sort of stodgy and yesterday, but the Buick SUV is very high quality, modern and the future. Not a great way to promote the new Regal, on its way out?

Last edited:

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Buick is now promoting the new Regal but in an almost neutral way. The television ad shows a young man looking briefly at a Buick sedan and asking "Is that your Buick"? And the other person, an attractive woman, responds cheerfully, "No, that's my Buick!", smiling and pointing at her brand new Buick SUV. Buick is getting to be known as a top quality SUV maker. I see a lot more Buick SUVs than sedans, that's for sure.

The ad is trying to make the point that Buick Sedans are sort of stodgy and yesterday, but the Buick SUV is modern and the future. Not a great way to promote the new Regal, on its way out?
Sedans stodgy....station wagon with big tires looks cool!
Just be happy got one while available.13936

mitchflorida

Buick Newbie
South Florida
Buick Ownership
2016 Summit White Regal, Premium II, Moonroof, Driver Confidence Package

Maybe consider getting a used 2016-17 Regal, you won't believe the low prices they have for that model and how wonderfully luxurious it is, great car in every way. And you still get a year or two of factory warranty, 3 or 4 years of drivetrain warranty.

Last edited: