• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Regal TourX Keyfob for a Sportback/GS?

Chockomon

2019 Regal Sportback AWD
Has anybody programmed a TourX keyfob to work with their Sportback or GS? I ask because the TourX keyfob has a button to pop the rear hatch, and the panic button is much smaller. I'd like to see if that hatch pop button will work to pop the hatch... TIA!

L J

Regal TourX
Has anybody programmed a TourX keyfob to work with their Sportback or GS? I ask because the TourX keyfob has a button to pop the rear hatch, and the panic button is much smaller. I'd like to see if that hatch pop button will work to pop the hatch... TIA!
Have not found the hatch button on my TourX keyfob, where is that exactly?

Idano

Preferred Red Needle TourX
Have not found the hatch button on my TourX keyfob, where is that exactly?
Poor people only get 4 buttons.
Rich people get a fifth button to open their power hatch.

L J

Regal TourX
Right, forgot about power hatch that will eventually stop working.
I forgot the old saying if it has white needles or power hatch it will eventually cause you problems.
Wait maybe that was tits or tires.

Last edited:

Chockomon

2019 Regal Sportback AWD
I doubt the rear hatch on the sportback is connected to anything else in the vehicle. Or else I would expect a button for the hatch in the cabin.
I think you missed my post where I said the hatch pop button on the remote does work on the Sportback

Anaduff

SUPPORTING MEMBER
St. Paul, Minnesota
2019 Insignia GS
I would have thought that the remote tailgate option would be limited to those TourX vehicles that have the 'hands-free' tailgate option. The Buick.com site doesn't even mention such a thing for the Sportback model (and, of course, the owners manual just says '...if equipped').

L J

Regal TourX
I would have thought that the remote tailgate option would be limited to those TourX vehicles that have the 'hands-free' tailgate option. The Buick.com site doesn't even mention such a thing for the Sportback model (and, of course, the owners manual just says '...if equipped').
I assume sportbacks just have touchpad like TourX does on the non powered hatch. So if works on sportback may work on TourX. But keyfob would be more of a hassel then using touchpad, I just got use to not taking keyfob out of my pocket till I get home.

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
2019 Regal GS
Bumping this to confirm that you can in fact program a TourX key to a Sportback and the trunk will pop with the button!
Thanks for trailblazing this Sportback/GS key fob trunk release conundrum! It's beyond me why there is not button in the cabin or on our factory fobs... I simply excepted that the chrome would wear off on my rear emblem over time.

For those of us that are interested in getting ahold of a TourX fob with trunk release, what is the part number of the fob you picked up?

I am assuming 13506668 is the one you purchased (the only key fob available with the lift gate option TC2).
1576254003720.png

GermyShoe

Richardson, TX
Regal TourX
even though it is not an auto lift/close hatch... many sedans have a remote latch button somewhere inside the car... have since the 70's. Since they are now probably electric instead of mechanical, it seems to make sense that you could use a remote. I have had several cars in the past with this option even though they are not auto open/close.

Chockomon

2019 Regal Sportback AWD
Thanks for trailblazing this Sportback/GS key fob trunk release conundrum! It's beyond me why there is not button in the cabin or on our factory fobs... I simply excepted that the chrome would wear off on my rear emblem over time.

For those of us that are interested in getting ahold of a TourX fob with trunk release, what is the part number of the fob you picked up?

I am assuming 13506668 is the one you purchased (the only key fob available with the lift gate option TC2).
View attachment 20009
Yeah it really annoys me that there's no button in the interior. Heck I'd even settle for something in the infotainment screen. So I bought mine off of eBay and the part number is P/N: 13508414 - I popped open my original key to see the FCC ID information to make sure it matches and bought this key linked here: OEM 2017 2018 2019 BUICK LACROSSE SMART KEY PROXIMITY REMOTE FOB HYQ4EA 13508414 | eBay

even though it is not an auto lift/close hatch... many sedans have a remote latch button somewhere inside the car... have since the 70's. Since they are now probably electric instead of mechanical, it seems to make sense that you could use a remote. I have had several cars in the past with this option even though they are not auto open/close.
Correct - my plan is to next find some stronger trunk struts that can overcome that first 1/2 in of opening when popped. When I owned my Golf R, there were "hatch pop kits" that consisted of stronger struts that allowed for the hatch to pop open when pressing the keyfob

Anaduff

SUPPORTING MEMBER
St. Paul, Minnesota
2019 Insignia GS
I find it a bit odd that there aren't any 'HYQ4EA' key fobs that have the release button but don't have the remote start button--those two options shouldn't be related.

LJ: It took me awhile as well to realize that the fob really doesn't need any buttons--you just have to have somewhere close...

L J

Regal TourX
I find it a bit odd that there aren't any 'HYQ4EA' key fobs that have the release button but don't have the remote start button--those two options shouldn't be related.

LJ: It took me awhile as well to realize that the fob really doesn't need any buttons--you just have to have somewhere close...
Duffman are you keeping keyfob in your pocket because it is branded Buick?

Get your turbo buick badge right here!