• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Regal TourX Keyfob for a Sportback/GS?

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
2019 Regal GS
After purchasing the TourX key fob 13506668, I programmed it successfully. I have full function of all buttons except the trunk release. For confirmation, the fob does have the HYQ4EA FCC ID.

I wonder what differences exist between the Sportback and GS for the trunk release to work in one and not the other.

L J

Regal TourX
After purchasing the TourX key fob 13506668, I programmed it successfully. I have full function of all buttons except the trunk release. For confirmation, the fob does have the HYQ4EA FCC ID.

I wonder what differences exist between the Sportback and GS for the trunk release to work in one and not the other.
The GS costs more, so of course it will not pay attention to a lesser models keyfob.
Those snooty higher end models, do not pay attention to the working class models or their keyfobs.

Anaduff

SUPPORTING MEMBER
St. Paul, Minnesota
2019 Insignia GS
Roundabout thinking...does the key fob 'app' (or whatever the cell phone-to-car programme is called) have the ability to open the rear hatch?

Just looking for some evidence that there is actually an electrically controlled rear latch...

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
2019 Regal GS
Roundabout thinking...does the key fob 'app' (or whatever the cell phone-to-car programme is called) have the ability to open the rear hatch?

Just looking for some evidence that there is actually an electrically controlled rear latch...
My Buick app does not have a hatch release button.

Katsubento

Hawaii
2018.5 Regal GS

That's a bummer. So it actually doesn't work.

Chockomon

2019 Regal Sportback AWD
Not for me anyway... Not sure what else I could try.

I have a family member with a 2019 Sportback Essence AWD that I will try the fob out on. If it works with that one I guess us GS people are just stuck with what we have.
That's so odd - it clearly works on my 19 Essence. I can't directly upload a video to the forum but I'll link one to YouTube once I get a chance to upload it.

Edit - I do want to reiterate that I linked the keyfob that I purchased and it shows PN 13508414

1500cc

Ontario
2018 Regal GS

Good to know, thanks. Has anyone tried 13508414 (that Chocomon posted above) in a GS?

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
2019 Regal GS
Edit - I do want to reiterate that I linked the keyfob that I purchased and it shows PN 13508414
Yes, I purposely purchased the other part number because it's what was listed on the TourX parts diagrams. I thought surely it would do the trick, as it has the same FCC ID and everything. I may end up giving the other one a try.

If I end up purchasing 13508414 I'll be sure to confirm functionality, or lack thereof, on here.

Anaduff

SUPPORTING MEMBER
St. Paul, Minnesota
2019 Insignia GS
Both of those part numbers (13508414 & 13506668) are XL8 system (basically 2017+ GM), HYQ4EA/433 MHz transmitters; just that the -8418 is listed as a 2017-2019 LaCrosse fob, and the -6668 is a 2018-2019 Regal/Enclave unit. Like so many options on our cars, there isn't much (if any) information on exactly how this stuff works, and exactly what hardware and wiring is installed.

Anyone out there know the RPO code for a remote tailgate?

Anaduff

SUPPORTING MEMBER
St. Paul, Minnesota
2019 Insignia GS
OK--so your car, sorry, WAGON, has a tailgate latch that can operate with either a 'mechanical' push at the bottom of the rear emblem OR an electric signal...

...hmmm, if I survive clearing my driveway, I may spend some quality time on the GM Parts Direct site looking at tailgate assemblies.

1500cc

Ontario
2018 Regal GS
I'm quite certain that on my GS (and I strongly suspect all Regals), the hatch is released electronically. Pushing the emblem activates a switch, which tells the body control module to fire the latch release. It's definitely not purely mechanical, and I highly doubt the switch is a direct connection to latch, i.e. it's going through the computer first to release it. So provided the software can support it, a fob should release the hatch.

Anaduff

SUPPORTING MEMBER
St. Paul, Minnesota
2019 Insignia GS
OK--still alive;

The only lock actuator (with power option) that shows-up on-line is for a Tour-X (I looked at the 'Preferred' model) with a part number 13527320 (old number 13519125).

TourXPower.jpg
The lock actuators (without power) cover the Tour-X without power option (duh!), the Sportback's, GMC Acadia, and more Vauxhall/Opels model than you would think (checked both the GS & Essence Sportbacks); that part is 13524683 (old number 13509599), and looks, well, more basic...
TourXNoPower.jpg

L J

Regal TourX
OK--still alive;

The only lock actuator (with power option) that shows-up on-line is for a Tour-X (I looked at the 'Preferred' model) with a part number 13527320 (old number 13519125).

View attachment 20339
The lock actuators (without power) cover the Tour-X without power option (duh!), the Sportback's, GMC Acadia, and more Vauxhall/Opels model than you would think (checked both the GS & Essence Sportbacks); that part is 13524683 (old number 13509599), and looks, well, more basic...
View attachment 20338
Duffman you are the man... I mean the Duffman.
So are you saying that the hatch release on keyfob works only on vehicles, that come equipped with that keyfob?
From your awesome latch pictures I am guessing there may be some hardware or software limitations?

Last edited:

Anaduff

SUPPORTING MEMBER
St. Paul, Minnesota
2019 Insignia GS
IF you have a RPO code of TC2 (thanks, FavaBean), then you have the power latch, and MAYBE the 5 button key fob xxxx8414 should work (thanks Chockomon) & POSSIBLY the xxxx6668 fob.

Don't know if there are any power latches installed on vehicles without the TC2 code, and if there are any, who knows if the wiring harness to run them are in place, or if the harness is there, who know if the body control module is programmed to do anything with it.

I'm not being imprecise.

I do know that if you haven't got a power latch, having an extra button on the fob won't do anything--sort of like installing the Euro buttons in front of the shifter.

On the bright side, at least those of us with the mechanical only latch don't have to worry on how to open the trunk when the battery dies. ;)

L J

Regal TourX
IF you have a RPO code of TC2 (thanks, FavaBean), then you have the power latch, and MAYBE the 5 button key fob xxxx8414 should work (thanks Chockomon) & POSSIBLY the xxxx6668 fob.

Don't know if there are any power latches installed on vehicles without the TC2 code, and if there are any, who knows if the wiring harness to run them are in place, or if the harness is there, who know if the body control module is programmed to do anything with it.

I'm not being imprecise.

I do know that if you haven't got a power latch, having an extra button on the fob won't do anything--sort of like installing the Euro buttons in front of the shifter.

On the bright side, at least those of us with the mechanical only latch don't have to worry on how to open the trunk when the battery dies. ;)
Crowbar?
Because tire iron is locked in underfloor storage?
Wait no tire iron from factory...
Nevermind.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!