• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Regal TourX Keyfob for a Sportback/GS?

1500cc

Ontario
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal GS
Just found in internet that fob programming process not available for Canada ???

I think method #2 worked for me, in that it responded exactly as the instructions described, and my original two remotes worked after the programming (but my third purchased remote didn't). Although I suppose it's possible the programming process didn't do anything at all, and the original remotes didn't get 'deleted', which might also explain why the third remote didn't work. The only way to know for sure would be for me to go through the whole thing again, and try making my original #1 the new #2, but I don't have the ambition for that.

(BTW I'm in Ontario)

Ben Daigneault

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
I think method #2 worked for me, in that it responded exactly as the instructions described, and my original two remotes worked after the programming (but my third purchased remote didn't). Although I suppose it's possible the programming process didn't do anything at all, and the original remotes didn't get 'deleted', which might also explain why the third remote didn't work. The only way to know for sure would be for me to go through the whole thing again, and try making my original #1 the new #2, but I don't have the ambition for that.

(BTW I'm in Ontario)
Thanks for your reply. In fact, it is the car to learn from the fob and not the opposite. Fob needs to be recognized by the car for sure. I think that I purchased the wrong fob, I have a GS and I bought a fob with the hatch instead of the truck lid icon. As soon that I receive the new one, I’ll try the #2 method again. Thanks my Canadian compatriot!!!

Ben Daigneault

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
I have received my new key fob. I don’t know why but I cannot entered in programming mode using the key in the door 5 times etc. The only way that I could program the key is with my original fob and adding a fourth fob. So after that, the trunk icon’s still remotely start the car and the remote start button is opening the trunk ???? I’m lost!!! Any one can help please ???

Attachments

• BB2C9817-5F8A-432A-AB9A-99257F42C087.jpeg
    BB2C9817-5F8A-432A-AB9A-99257F42C087.jpeg
    259.1 KB · Views: 5
Get your turbo buick badge right here!