Regal Window Tint

BahamaTodd

3.8L Member
Palm Beach, FL
Buick Ownership
2018.5 Regal GS
Continued from this thread:
Optional Bose sound system

I'd be interested in knowing how much you get quoted for the rear/side tint, I'm considering having that done as well.
Realizing that this thread is morphing from Bose to window tinting....

Tint Quote #1-
$150 for standard film
$225 for ceramic

Tint Quote #2-
$275 for ceramic

My gut feeling was #2 was a more reputable installer.

I read a review that said the panoramic sunroof allows a lot of heat in. I'm not crazy about the idea but it was suggested by one of the installers to tint the sunroof too.

Anybody own a TourX (with a sunroof) and live in a warm climate that felt like their car's a/c couldn't keep up on a hot day??

JohnMC2010

Farmington Hills, MI
Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal TourX Preferred
@BahamaTodd I've felt like my A/C can't keep up in a Michigan summer. Tinting is an absolute MUST in my mind. I have 35% front 20% in rear and the hatch area.

Don't mind my winter tires/wheels

I think i spent $400 total for ceramic all around. That's probably a little high, but the guys knocked it out super quickly (like in an hour and a half), and did a killer job.

Late Fall/Overcast
20181123_162238.jpg

Summer/Evening with indirect light
20180516_193929.jpg

Other than the tinting though... I've noticed that if i roll the cargo area cover closed, the AC and heat can keep up slightly better. Orrrr maybe it's jut my imagination and I'm crazy.

Eilustre

Buick Newbie
Maryland
Buick Ownership
16' Buick Regal GS "Ebony Metallic" & 17' BMW M3 F80
Good choice in tint, i did ceramic on my 2016 2 weeks prior of ownership 3 yrs ago, i did a 20% all the way around with an Airblu 80 tint on my front windshield. that was around $665 bucks (Formula One Pinnacle window film 3M by Llumar)
IMG_20181205_132435_496.jpgIMG_20181216_230231_169.jpgPSX_20180512_223840.jpg

ntorch

Blandon, PA
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
Sounds like this can get expensive. I’m concerned with tinting my front windows. If I do this I’ll just go with rear tinting. I know we have tint rules in PA and too much tint won’t pass annual inspection on the fronts and it would need to be removed.

Steve F.

Buick Ownership
Potential TourX owner
Thanks for the pics, I think it looks great. I think ceramic is the way to go and the 20% looks plenty dark. Are those snow tires mounted on 18 inch wheels? They look smaller than the stock wheels but it could just be an illusion.

Ctrcbob

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
Here in Central Florida, it runs between $150 and $250.

Tinting now illegal in NYS, for a year now.

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
Red Needle TourX
Thanks for the pics, I think it looks great. I think ceramic is the way to go and the 20% looks plenty dark. Are those snow tires mounted on 18 inch wheels? They look smaller than the stock wheels but it could just be an illusion.
I believe he’s running 17s. I looked at those when researching a winter setup.

JohnMC2010

Farmington Hills, MI
Buick Ownership
How is visibility at night?
I haven't really had any problems especially with the premium headlights and turning lamps. I'd noticed in the past with other cars, turning into and out of driveways in the dark was the most difficult. But, I don't have a problem with the turning lamps.

Those are indeed 17" wheels.
17"x8" Vision Cross (Cheapest Aluminum wheel Discount Tire had) with 235/55R17 Blizzak WS80s (I think I had calculated that the rolling radius made it 0.5% off on the speedometer, which I would call negligible). Mostly I had the 17"s because I had them on my old '14 Regal which I felt had a little too stiff of a ride, and I scared myself a few times on 18"s on these Detroit area potholes.

SpencerK

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
@BahamaTodd I've felt like my A/C can't keep up in a Michigan summer. Tinting is an absolute MUST in my mind. I have 35% front 20% in rear and the hatch area.

I think i spent $400 total for ceramic all around. That's probably a little high, but the guys knocked it out super quickly (like in an hour and a half), and did a killer job.

Late Fall/Overcast
View attachment 13221

View attachment 13225

Other than the tinting though... I've noticed that if i roll the cargo area cover closed, the AC and heat can keep up slightly better. Orrrr maybe it's jut my imagination and I'm crazy.
Hmmm. That looks really good. I wasn't going to tint the windows, but now I'm not so sure.

4wheelforay

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal TourX

Who did your tint? I am in the metro Detroit area also.

Thanks

Pacer69

Sustaining Member
KC
Buick Ownership
TourX
These all look great! Anybody else? I had my '07 RDX tinted as dark as legally possible here in KS (guessing I did 35% side/rears/hatch, 20% side front) after purchase, and it makes a helpful difference in blistering summer heat here. I will be tinting my next car as well...would love to see more Tour X tinted pix.

4wheelforay

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal TourX
That's pretty badass! On another note, I hadn't heard of ceramic tinting before reading of it here, can anyone tell me the pros/cons of it? Yeah I could google but I like to hear from people without bias.
Thanks. I did ceramic (ceramic is the buzz word in the detailing industry right now, there may not be any ceramic in my tint) it was a toss up for me, I wanted it because I heard that some people think the HVAC in the cars is a little under powered and having a dark interior I wanted a little more protection in the summer than the benefits of the added UV in the winter with a conventional tint. It was more expensive though $499 vs $299. I hope that makes sense.

Pacer69

Sustaining Member
KC
Buick Ownership
TourX

Late Fall/Overcast
View attachment 13221

View attachment 13225

Beautiful ride! Having a hard time deciding which color I like best.

JohnMC2010

Farmington Hills, MI
Buick Ownership
These all look great! Anybody else? I had my '07 RDX tinted as dark as legally possible here in KS (guessing I did 35% side/rears/hatch, 20% side front) after purchase, and it makes a helpful difference in blistering summer heat here. I will be tinting my next car as well...would love to see more Tour X tinted pix.
@Pacer69 You may be getting it backwards (Lower number = Less light is transmissible), but yeah, I like do do 20% in the rear/hatch, and 30/35 in the front, so that I'm not sacrificing too much visibility.

That's pretty badass! On another note, I hadn't heard of ceramic tinting before reading of it here, can anyone tell me the pros/cons of it? Yeah I could google but I like to hear from people without bias.
Ceramic films are better at actually blocking heat, as opposed to just light. The difference is actually notable. Some tint shops may be able to demonstrate the difference with a heat lamp over the top of each of the films on a sample piece of glass.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.