Regal Window Tint

Strippers4Me

Buick Ownership
Tour X
I have had the same "tint guy" for 30 years, he is amazing gets the film right up to the edge of the glass. Car goes to him for tint next weekend and I'm not sure about 20% or 35% I've always done 20 but I didn't get a roof in this car (hated that giant window over my head) was going to go with 35 but now I'm thinking 20 is the answer.

Front windshield is a giant no no, that is just asking to get pulled over (tint is illegal here in Ohio but I've never had any issues, then again I also don't run a front plate) I've found that a kid in a Civic will get pulled over 10x more than me in my Acura, so I'm hoping that driving a Buick that they think I'm older and need the tint.

liuby33

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal GS
450CAD for all five windows (ceramic) except the windshield here in Toronto. The shop hesitated to tint anything on the windshield due to the HUD, so I just left it as is.
For the sunroof, I thought it had factory tint because it looks darker than the other windows when new

Buschb

Buick Ownership
Tour X
So I am bringing the TourX in to get tinted later on this afternoon. I still have not settled on a shade.
I have the smoked pearl metallic with ebony interior.

I was thinking 50% for understated elegance, but a part of me says that shade would be a waste.

Anyone have any recommendations?

JohnMC2010

Farmington Hills, MI
Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal TourX Preferred
@Buschb I definitely like my front windows being at 30%, but with that said... You will definitely notice an improvement in looks and in sun heat with 50% tint. a few posts up in the thread @Shadowdaddy showed his fronts at 50%, and I you still can barely see the lighter colored seats, granted there's a bit of glare from the overcasty day.

Either way, you're gonna love the tint!

4wheelforay

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal TourX
So I am bringing the TourX in to get tinted later on this afternoon. I still have not settled on a shade.
I have the smoked pearl metallic with ebony interior.

I was thinking 50% for understated elegance, but a part of me says that shade would be a waste.

Anyone have any recommendations?
I have 35% and I would've been ok with 50% it's not that 35% is too dark but I think, in Michigan at least, it will make the difference between a stop-and-chat and a pass from the police if you're doing something you shouldn't be doing.

Last edited:

capitalpyro

Buick Ownership
Tour X
50% seems like a waste to me. Maybe not totally but almost. If you go with 30 all the way around i think it would be ok. If you have trouble seeing out the back window at night maybe go 50 on it. Just my opinion. I did 35 on the front two and back with 20 everywhere else and am happy.

Buschb

Buick Ownership
Tour X
Thanks for all the help!
I decided on 40% after much consideration. It's too early to tell, but I think it will really hit the mark.

I get stressed when I can't make eye contact with other drivers or pedal bikes.

I'll post pics once it cures

Buschb

Buick Ownership
Tour X
Finally was able to snap some pics today. They are not the best, but hopefully give you a general idea of 40% tint.

I also de-badged the rear end.

Buschb

Buick Ownership
Tour X
Yes, just the angle. As soon as I pulled in to snap the pic, a tractor trailer pulled up wanting to park along side the building, so I had to hurry up.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.