"remote function actuator module"

ewillyp

Does anyone no IF the 1998 Lesabre has a "remote function actuator module" and if it does, does anyone know where it is?

I'm about to do the ol' famous 'horn-bypass' due to the dreaded continuous horn blowing; but i am also programing a key fob & am curious if i could have the FOB actuate the horn(PANIC) button; so i could use it to find my car in parking lots.

I see in the wiring diagram that some cars have a "remote function actuator module" some do not.

Anyone have any experience w/this subject; ie has anyone used a FOB and successfully had the horn button work on a LeSabre?
anyone come across the "remote function actuator module" and care to explain it's location?

DB8F9D5E-ADBF-4796-A82E-4214BE675D3D.jpeg

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

BuickGirlFromMars

Buick Ownership
1999 Buick Park Avenue Ultra (Supercharged) , 1977 Buick Electra Limited (350 SBB)
1674653392543.png 1674653845645.png 1674653905801.png 1674653962867.png
the last one says the rear compartment but Im 78% sure the IP on the passenger side like the diagram shows is accurate for your lesabre 1674654072689.png
but this also says rear shelf. So maybe check there first.

DESCRIPTION & OPERATION​

NOTE:Body Control Module (BCM) may also be referred to as Multifunction Alarm, Lock & Lighting (MALL) module.

Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) system consists of a transmitter and in-vehicle Remote Function Actuator (RFA) module. RFA module receives a signal from transmitter and sends a signal to Body Control Module (MALL) to perform unlock and lock functions. RFA module controls all other RKE functions. RKE transmitter can operate the following functions (if equipped);

• Unlock Drivers Door
  • Unlock All Doors
  • Lock All Doors
  • Panic Alarm
  • Trunk Lid Release
  • Interior Lighting
  • Programmable Automatic Door Locks (ADL)
  • Programmable Delayed Locking Feature
  • Programmable Seat & Outside Mirror Memory
  • Programmable Perimeter Lighting Feature

COMPONENT LOCATION​

REMOTE KEYLESS ENTRY COMPONENT LOCATION

Component​
Location​
Body Control Module (MALL)​
Under Right Side Of Instrument Panel​
Data Link Connector (DLC)​
Under Left Side Of Instrument Panel​
Instrument Panel (I/P) Fuse Block​
Left Front Door Pillar​
Park/Neutral Position (PNP) Switch​
Left Side Of Transaxle​
Remote Function Actuator (RFA) Module​
Under Rear Shelf Trim Panel​
Right Rear Junction Block​
Under Rear Seat, On Right Side​

ewillyp

Thank you, I did find that grainy image with the RFAM located in the passenger side quarter-panel fuse box area, but since there were some inconsistencies in wiring diagrams for a few of the lesabre years, I wasn't sure. I will check that rear shelf as well as that seems easier to reach though.
The funny thing is, I was going to write YOU directly hoping/knowing you would have the the answer!!! but I figured you get that way too much!:ROFLMAO::)
Now if I get get the Lesabre away from my wife I might be able to get this fixed.

BuickGirlFromMars

Buick Ownership
1999 Buick Park Avenue Ultra (Supercharged) , 1977 Buick Electra Limited (350 SBB)
Thank you, I did find that grainy image with the RFAM located in the passenger side quarter-panel fuse box area, but since there were some inconsistencies in wiring diagrams for a few of the lesabre years, I wasn't sure. I will check that rear shelf as well as that seems easier to reach though.
The funny thing is, I was going to write YOU directly hoping/knowing you would have the the answer!!! but I figured you get that way too much!:ROFLMAO::)
Now if I get get the Lesabre away from my wife I might be able to get this fixed.
no I dont get many messages, I get a lot of mentions/pings tho of people summoning me lol