• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

remote link

mmadden2

Northern VA
Buick Ownership
2012 LaCrosse Touring, 2014 Encore Prem AWD
They offer two plans. I'm still in my trial period so I have the Directions and Connections plan for now and the app works great. Does anyone know if the app will work with either one of the plans or possibly just the more expensive plan?

Safe & Sound $200/year
Includes OnStar Emergency, Connections, Diagnostics, and Security services.

Directions and Connections $300/year
Includes Safe & Sound features, plus unlimited Turn-by-Turn Navigation services. Most new GM vehicles include a subscription to this plan.

I really like sending addresses to the nav with the app, is this part of the Turn-by-Turn Navigation?

InfiniteImp

Toronto, ON
Buick Ownership
2010 LaCrosse CXS, 2015 Infiniti Q50 AWD Sport Hybrid
is their a way to install remote link mobile app on 2010 laCrosse.
Not that I am aware of. I tried to get it working with my 2010 but it looks like they implemented it for the 2011+ models only. Apparently the hardware which the 2010 has isn't compatible with it.

mmadden2

Northern VA
Buick Ownership
They offer two plans.

Safe & Sound $200/year
Includes OnStar Emergency, Connections, Diagnostics, and Security services.

Directions and Connections $300/year
Includes Safe & Sound features, plus unlimited Turn-by-Turn Navigation services. Most new GM vehicles include a subscription to this plan.
****************** UPDATE ******************

The above are MSRP prices. For anyone interested the iPhone app does require Turn-by-Turn Navigation services which is the only extra feature included in the Directions and Connections Plan. My 6 month trial is set to expire on 7/4/12. I have a DC to Vegas road trip scheduled for mid-July so I figured I might as well start researching any renewal deals as I'll definitely be wanting OnStar active for the trip. I did some reading and then made a short phone call to cut a deal on the Directions and Connections Plan. Took less than 10 minutes, here's how it went...

I called 1.888.4.ONSTAR (1.888.466.7827)
I hit '6' for cancellations
A nice lady picks up immediately
I act somewhat clueless (not much of a stretch really)
I tell her I'm looking at the OnStar World Wide Website and I'm surprised my plan will expire in July, I thought new cars came with a year
No Sir, I'm sorry, it used to be a year but now they only start you with 6 months
Darn salesman, well I guess I better renew, how much is it for the D&C plan?
$299/year Sir
Ouch. How much are those calling minute thingers?
100 minutes for $39.99
You're kidding, are you running any specials?
Please hold while I check... ...Thanks for holding- I can actually do the D&C plan for $249/year
Hmmm, I thought a guy at work said he got it for $199
If you'll hold again I'll check something else... ...Thanks for holding- Ok Sir, the best I can do is this...

$149 for the Safe & Sound plan for a year
+ $50 for a 6 month upgrade which adds Turn-by-Turn Navigation
+ I'll add in an additional 6 months of Turn-by-Turn Navigation for FREE
so you'll end up paying $199 for a full year of D&C

Wow, that sounds great! Any chance you can throw in a couple of those calling minutes?
Haha, sure, I'll add in 100 free calling minutes for you
Awesome, here's my credit card number (another virtual cc from BOA w/ a $200 limit and 2 month expiration date)

She charged $199 right away, I saw it hit my credit card for the correct amount, new plan now expires 7/6/13, And…Scene

nohowtoplz

Northern Illinois
Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Lacrosse CXS
Marc, you da man. Mine expires 5/22 and they've been hounding me weekly about renewal. I kept holding out waiting to see the best deal I could get. They had offered me the $199 too but when I saw you had the balls to ask for and get the free minutes I called them right away and they matched your deal and I renewed. The 100 free minutes was just the little oomph I was looking for to push me over the top. Thanks.

mmadden2

Northern VA
Buick Ownership
Marc, you da man. Mine expires 5/22 and they've been hounding me weekly about renewal. I kept holding out waiting to see the best deal I could get. They had offered me the $199 too but when I saw you had the balls to ask for and get the free minutes I called them right away and they matched your deal and I renewed. The 100 free minutes was just the little oomph I was looking for to push me over the top. Thanks.
Pleasure doing business with you :)

Turbo Buick Badge