• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - social media. Something new is coming for Buick owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

Remote Start

BryanH1208

Buick Ownership
Encore
So I am pretty sure I know the answer to this but just want to be certain. I purchased a Certified 2018 Encore two days ago and the vehicle does not have the remote start option on the fob. I bought this vehicle after I was hit by a drunk driver who fled, resulting in the total loss of my 2017 Volvo S60. I live in Tampa Bay, so it going without saying how incredibly hot it gets here and getting into my car after work at 5 is like getting into an oven. My Volvo S60 also did not have the remote start option oj the fob, but with Volvo On Call, which is their equivalent to On Start gave the option for the vehicle to be remote started from anywhere. Yes I realize GM and Volvo are complete unifilliated entities and systems are completely different. Now I will be setting up the My Buick app tonight, for those vehicles that do not have remote start on the fob, can they be remote started via the My Buick app? I did look somewhat online for an answer which I was unsuccessful on getting a definant answer. If anyone knows for sure, please let me know, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
If the vehicle doesn't have remote start the App will not work either.
You have to check with the dealer if they can add the feature.

BryanH1208

Buick Ownership
Encore
If the vehicle doesn't have remote start the App will not work either.
You have to check with the dealer if they can add the feature.

Thanks. I ended up calling as well as finding other posts on here. Unfortunately It cannot be added. Would be nice if even though a vehicle didn't have remote start capabilities on the fob at time of purchase that it would still from the app like the Volvo i lost back in April, but of course different manufactures do things differently. Luckily i have the free trial for On-Star instead of paying for it first because the remote start was the only thing I wanted it for. I used to pay $200 for the On-Call app and would use only that feature,. But no worries I'll just find an after market system and get it installed before mother nature turns up the oven on Florida this summer.