Remove Favorites - Intellilink

psilversmith

Buick Ownership
Buick
When I purchased my 2013 Verano there were all sorts of "Favorites" stations preloaded - which I would never use. I can load some of my own real favorites, but to get to them I must page through the lousy preloaded ones too, which is a bother. I can not seem to find in the manual a way to remove (or re-sort) the preloaded favorites, and thus leave only my own (or sort to be a first cluster). Any instructions greatly appreciated.
Peter

NormT

Turbo-4 power!
OH-IO
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
I was just doing the same the other day. Tune in your favorite station and select the blue virtual button at the and hold until you hear the tone saying it was saved.

Detroit, USA
When I purchased my 2013 Verano there were all sorts of "Favorites" stations preloaded - which I would never use. I can load some of my own real favorites, but to get to them I must page through the lousy preloaded ones too, which is a bother. I can not seem to find in the manual a way to remove (or re-sort) the preloaded favorites, and thus leave only my own (or sort to be a first cluster). Any instructions greatly appreciated.
Peter
Hi Peter!

It sounds like NormT gave some great advice! If you happen to still experience the issue, please let me know! I can get you in contact with the appropriate person who can help.

Jessica
Buick Customer Care

psilversmith

Buick Ownership
Buick
Thanks NormT for your interest, but as I said, my concern is to REMOVE favorites taking up space, or at the very least, re-sort them so the unwanted ones are at the end together. I know how to add favorites.
Thanks and best wishes.
Peter

NormT

Turbo-4 power!
OH-IO
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
You six pages regadless of order. You'll have to go to page you want to start saving after tuning the station you want just like a regular radio.

You select three station by source and just use the SRC button too. Different bands?

psilversmith

Buick Ownership
Buick
Well, NormT, you actually do NOT have to have 6 pages of favorites - configuration allows 1 to 6 pages as choices. But I can not remove or reorder the favorites. Even if I set configuration to just one page of favorites, I can not add a favorite to that one page if it already was on any of the other 5 that were previously set.

If anyone knows how to reorder (or remove) favorites, I'd be grateful. Thanks.

Peter S

NormT

Turbo-4 power!
OH-IO
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
You can make the whole page one station if you wanted too. You are removing or shuffling the stations just reseting the buttons to the stations you want just like a regular car radio.

psilversmith

Buick Ownership
Buick
If you mean make all six stations on one page the same, actually I can't. I cannot add a station already there a second time. Any ideas how to bubble up sort the stations I want together on the first page greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Peter

psilversmith

Buick Ownership
Buick
Jessica: If you can tell me how to sort the favorites so that the ones I added to use are on the first page and the ones that came with the car (and I don't use) are on later pages, I'd be grateful. As I have it now for two favorites I use, I must go from a favorite on page one to another I often use on page 6 - I'd like my 2 choices together. Thanks.
Peter

QUOTE=Buick Customer Service;166805]Hi Peter!

It sounds like NormT gave some great advice! If you happen to still experience the issue, please let me know! I can get you in contact with the appropriate person who can help.

Jessica
Buick Customer Care[/QUOTE]

Detroit, USA
Jessica: If you can tell me how to sort the favorites so that the ones I added to use are on the first page and the ones that came with the car (and I don't use) are on later pages, I'd be grateful. As I have it now for two favorites I use, I must go from a favorite on page one to another I often use on page 6 - I'd like my 2 choices together. Thanks.
Peter

QUOTE=Buick Customer Service;166805]Hi Peter!

Jessica
Buick Customer Care
[/QUOTE]
Hi psilversmith,

I found some information in the Infotainment System manual. On page 8, the instructions state:
FAV 1-2-3 (Favorites): Press to
display the current favorite page
number above the preset buttons.
Keep pressing to scroll through the
favorites pages. The stored stations
for each list displays on the bottom
of the screen. The number of preset
Favorite Pages can be changed by
pressing the Config button on the
Home Page, then pressing Radio
Settings, and then pressing Number
of Favorite Pages.

I hope this information is helpful! If further clarification is needed, you may contact the Infotainment team at 855-478-7767. The hours of operation are 8:00am to 10:00pm EST. They are open seven days a week.

Jessica
Buick Customer Care

psilversmith

Buick Ownership
Buick
Thank you for responding, Jessica. I have carefully read the manual too - and although I confirm the capability the manual states, it does not mention the issue I have been asking. Let me specify again, because I must not have been clear.

I use 2 favorite stations predominately. One is on page "1" of the favorites. I added another, which shows up on page "6". Now if I am on page 1 and want the other favorite, I must page through 5 button pushes to finally reach my second favorite to click it. Very inconvenient.

I would like to have the two often used favorites on page 1 side by side so I can easily switch between them. I have been trying to find a way to reorder the favorites - by either deleting or sorting. I can not find a way, in the manual or trial and error, that will allow re-ordering sort or delete of favorites. If you could kindly address this specific issue, I would be grateful. Thanks again.

Peter

Hi psilversmith,

I found some information in the Infotainment System manual. On page 8, the instructions state:
of Favorite Pages.

I hope this information is helpful! If further clarification is needed, you may contact the Infotainment team at 855-478-7767. The hours of operation are 8:00am to 10:00pm EST. They are open seven days a week.

Jessica
Buick Customer Care[/QUOTE]

Detroit, USA
Thank you for responding, Jessica. I have carefully read the manual too - and although I confirm the capability the manual states, it does not mention the issue I have been asking. Let me specify again, because I must not have been clear.

I use 2 favorite stations predominately. One is on page "1" of the favorites. I added another, which shows up on page "6". Now if I am on page 1 and want the other favorite, I must page through 5 button pushes to finally reach my second favorite to click it. Very inconvenient.

I would like to have the two often used favorites on page 1 side by side so I can easily switch between them. I have been trying to find a way to reorder the favorites - by either deleting or sorting. I can not find a way, in the manual or trial and error, that will allow re-ordering sort or delete of favorites. If you could kindly address this specific issue, I would be grateful. Thanks again.

Peter

Hi psilversmith,

of Favorite Pages.

Jessica
Buick Customer Care
[/QUOTE]
Hi Peter,

Thank you for the clarification. I looked through the manual again and found more information on how to change the number of preset pages and recalling a preset station, but did not find anything regarding your specific issue. I know you have spoken with our Infotainment team in the past. Would you mind if I provided them with your information and have them reach out to you again? I believe you corresponded with them via e-mail before. Would that be best? Or if you would like to provide me with your phone number through a private message, I can pass that along to them. I hope this can be fixed promptly! It sounds frustrating. I look forward to your response.

Jessica
Buick Customer Care

NormT

Turbo-4 power!
OH-IO
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
Go to your favorite page and push down on the SRV button to see AM/FM/XM. Select the band and tune in your station. You'll still be on your favorite page with your station playing and select the preset you want.

Jessica needs a new car. ;-)

Detroit, USA
Go to your favorite page and push down on the SRV button to see AM/FM/XM. Select the band and tune in your station. You'll still be on your favorite page with your station playing and select the preset you want.

Jessica needs a new car. ;-)
That's true. I don't have the nice Infotainment system in my vehicle! I still use CD's. :) Thanks, NormT for the information! Peter, let us know how that works out for you.

Jessica
Buick Customer Care

Maverick7

Buick Ownership
Buick
How do you erase "ALL" favorites so you can start over with a clean slate?
The simple answer is you can't. Once one slot is programmed, you can only program over that slot after that. You'll never see a blank space like u did, when u first got the car. Not even disconnecting battery works. If you program it, it stays there until you program something else over it. All I did was limit my favorites page to 1, that way I didn't have to go through all the stations in pages 2-6 that I didn't want.

Last edited:

KevinJ

Contributing Member
Ohio
Buick Ownership
2013 Verano Premium (2.0T, AT)
I ran into this same thing with my radio,
I bought mine used from a different city in which I lived.
So none really fell in line with what I wanted.
I played around with trying to clear them and could not find away.
Like Makerick7 said, I programmed in my most used favorites starting on page 1 on then continued on thru the other pages. On the last page I ended up programming in the same Local News AM station into all the "slots".

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.