• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Removing roof rack

Erlegi

Buick Ownership
Regal tour x
Hey I am new to this so I apologize if this is a stupid question but how do I remove the roof racks? Is there a special key or something (the only keys I got with the car are the 2 key fabs ) I have checked the glove box any place I can think of can’t find any kind of special tool
Any info would be greatly appreciated thanks

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Can't find the specific thread.
I do remember you will need the key to the roof racks.
If the vehicle did not come with any, you will need to call up the maker (I think Thule?) to request one.

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
I don't think Thule was able to help since they were made for GM. Unfortunately I don't think they were able to help either. I think the last thread I saw someone offered to send their spare key to a member.

Scott in PA

Beaver Falls, PA
Buick Ownership
Current: 2018 TourX Previous: 2008 Enclave
Are they factory OEM racks? You may need to stop by a locksmith.

Uniqez

Buick Ownership
2018 Opel Insignia Country Tourer with Buick steering wheel, HMI and floor mats
Look at the number you have on the lock. Thule are usually N000(obviously could be any combination digits). New key would cost you $8 on the eBay. Unless they have used special locks for GM.

hancox

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX
Look at the number you have on the lock. Thule are usually N000(obviously could be any combination digits). New key would cost you $8 on the eBay. Unless they have used special locks for GM.

They're probably coded Bxxx, and are indeed special. I would love to find a purchaseable replacement.

Uniqez

Buick Ownership
2018 Opel Insignia Country Tourer with Buick steering wheel, HMI and floor mats
They're probably coded Bxxx, and are indeed special. I would love to find a purchaseable replacement.
Yeah, I haven't seen Bxxx keys unfortunately. But I'm pretty sure dealer can get you one ordered.

hancox

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX
Yeah, I haven't seen Bxxx keys unfortunately. But I'm pretty sure dealer can get you one ordered.

Nope - integral to rack, per my very helpful friendly competent service mgr.

chrsbabr

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Nope - integral to rack, per my very helpful friendly competent service mgr.

Any update to this?

Same situation here, sold our TourX and purchased 2022 Envision and dealer could not find the keys to the rails to remove them ( didnt need and wasnt paying for them). Got the rails for free because they could not find key but now would like to find a solution. Mine are coded B15. No issues with going to my local locksmith but hoping to find easier solution.

hancox

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX
Any update to this?

Same situation here, sold our TourX and purchased 2022 Envision and dealer could not find the keys to the rails to remove them ( didnt need and wasnt paying for them). Got the rails for free because they could not find key but now would like to find a solution. Mine are coded B15. No issues with going to my local locksmith but hoping to find easier solution.

I had the opposite problem, which is much worse - 3 cylinders and 4 holes. The cylinders are impossible to find. A locksmith probably could do this in sleep.

chrsbabr

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
I had the opposite problem, which is much worse - 3 cylinders and 4 holes. The cylinders are impossible to find. A locksmith probably could do this in sleep.

After fooling with it a bit, these locks are quite insecure, the real key is not needed in the slightest for operation of the lock

danzig997

47°40′10″N 122°7′26″W
Buick Ownership
TourX Essence with Opel Insignia DNA.
It takes a few seconds to open

image_9b163ddb-1e4b-4f35-b8ba-e3b0d889e26b_150x150.jpg

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

CapnPZazz

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Tourx Essence
Know it’s an older thread, but if you haven’t been able to remove these, get a cheap lock pick set from Amazon (depending on what kind of barrel they have), watch a few “Lock Picking Lawyer” videos on YouTube, learn new things and a new skill, save the money of a locksmith, and do it yourself….

SpacemanSpiff

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
I am also in the boat of sold a used TourX with racks attached and no key. I'm certainly going to give ye ole screwdriver trick a go to get them off (give me back my mpgs!), but I have managed to find the source for replacement keys/lock cylinders!

After speaking to more parts departments than I care to admit, I rustled up the email for a factory contact at joubert.fr (they are indeed NOT Thule racks) who can sell me the replacement parts. Right now they just want to send me 4 new cyl + 2 keys vs. just the replacement keys for my locks, but I'm working on clearing that up, they've just all been on vacation for the holidays.

That said, the only payment they accept is wire transfer and I'm sure shipping won't be free. Would anyone be interested in a group buy? I can import 3-5 sets of the locks + keys and then ship them to anyone interested once they arrive in the US, that way we all split the bank transfer and international shipping fees.

RegalWagon

Buick Ownership
2020 Regal TourX
I am also in the boat of sold a used TourX with racks attached and no key. I'm certainly going to give ye ole screwdriver trick a go to get them off (give me back my mpgs!), but I have managed to find the source for replacement keys/lock cylinders!

After speaking to more parts departments than I care to admit, I rustled up the email for a factory contact at joubert.fr (they are indeed NOT Thule racks) who can sell me the replacement parts. Right now they just want to send me 4 new cyl + 2 keys vs. just the replacement keys for my locks, but I'm working on clearing that up, they've just all been on vacation for the holidays.

That said, the only payment they accept is wire transfer and I'm sure shipping won't be free. Would anyone be interested in a group buy? I can import 3-5 sets of the locks + keys and then ship them to anyone interested once they arrive in the US, that way we all split the bank transfer and international shipping fees.
Hello, I’m late to the thread but how did this go?

Also, I found this UK website that sells replacement B series roof rack keys for some French auto manufacturers (Citroen, Peugeot, Renault).

B Series Roof Rack Keys - Replacement Keys Ltd

This along with the fact that you said the Buick racks were manufactured in France was enough circumstantial evidence for me to go ahead and order a pair. I’ll let you guys know if they work.

RegalWagon

Buick Ownership
2020 Regal TourX
I think you might be right, my roof rack was made by a French rack company. I think the key number was on the lock barrel.
That’s good news.

The lock barrels on my Buick’s roof rack are stamped B02. The fact that my racks were probably manufactured in France and that 3 French car companies use B** for their roof rack key numbers leads me to believe it’s worth the gamble.

Buick Ownership
Tour x
Hey I am new to this so I apologize if this is a stupid question but how do I remove the roof racks? Is there a special key or something (the only keys I got with the car are the 2 key fabs ) I have checked the glove box any place I can think of can’t find any kind of special tool
Any info would be greatly appreciated thanks
I went thru this. You cannot get the roof rack key codes anywhere accept from the buick office. If the rack was installed at the factory the rack was made by Thele (Spell) but they cannot help you either . I tried to pressure my dealer into contacting the buick headquarters but since I didn't buy the car there they did not help me. Try 800-521-7300 and be patient with them. They will have to send you the keys as they are the only ones who have the blanks. My roof rack lock cylinders were stamped with a B code also. I tried having keys made from a locksmith with that B code but it did not work. You must get them from GM.