removing the rear tire compartment cover on a 1984 Buick Century wagon

Thread starter #1

rojo

Buick Ownership
Buick
hi Guys , I have been driving my Moms 1984 Buick Century Wagon alot lately.
The car got me home driving for 5 hrs in the last snow storm we had in NY
I cannot figure out how to remove the spare tire cover without damaging the cover.
pictured below, can someone please assist

many thanks, rojo

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
From what I remember from the Celebrity wagon it's pull up from the window and out, sorry to many years since I had it. Maybe the picture might help.

840523MA08-005.gif Celeb7.jpg

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
The more I looked at the photo I believe it's from the back tailgate side, somehow I remember it was pretty simple as it's not really held in and just slipped out, which is why I didn't bother to remember to hard LOL.

Thread starter #5

rojo

Buick Ownership
Buick
hi guys no movemen,t its been there for over 30 yrs , and any help would be appreciated , many thanks, rojo,

Buick Ownership
2001 Buick Century Custom
This came out of a 1994 century wagon manual try this:
To remove the spare tire cover: Fold down the third seat, if so equipped. Then release the housing that covers the spare tire by carefully pushing in on the top edge of the cover. Slide the spare tire cover back while lifting it up and out of the lower track

Thread starter #8

rojo

Buick Ownership
Buick
hi Guys , I got the cover off , now to put it back on , close but not completely back on ,

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.