• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Rendezvous differential

HotZ28

Buick Ownership
1996 Roadmaster Limited Collectors Edition 58k - 1996 PAU
So what is the problem & why would you want to change the whole "stump"?

TollKeeper

Brighton, CO
Buick Ownership
2005 Buick Rendezvous CXL Sport Plus
Dont forget to check Ebay, they have some of these differentials for under 350 shipped. Some with relatively low miles.

They even have a new one... at 4200 bucks!

Stevec05 Terraza

Buick Ownership
Terraza
But is the rendezvous and the terraza the same??

TollKeeper

Brighton, CO
Buick Ownership
I can't answer that question. Physically it will fit, whether or not it will actually work will depend on whether or not your donor car and your car share the same RPO code for axle gearing. They both most have the same gears. I believe it's either FR3 or FR9, I don't remember what the gearing is for them, but I do know they must match.

TollKeeper

Brighton, CO
Buick Ownership
It should be in the trunk, on the left hand side, behind the panel where the air pump connecter is. Its on the door. If its not there, then check the same panel on the other side. If again no panel, you will have to contact a GM dealer with the VIN and ask them. On the mini-van, I have no idea. If you have the VIN, you could do the same process.

Its also why I recommend only getting the part needed from your exact vehicle. All rendezvous have the same diff, all Azteks have the same diff, not sure what they did on the min-vans.

Pedal Commander