Repair manual

2011 blcxl

Buick Ownership
2011 lucerne CXL
I just purchased a 2011 Buick Lucerne CXL 3.9 L. I would like a good repair manual the ones from Buick are very expensive. Any suggestions?

richardnewton

Buick Ownership
Buick
The Chiltons books are pretty cheap and a good place to start.

At my local library, we have free access to ChiltonLibary on-line that are quite comprehensive. I imagine the service is aimed at professionals but have no idea to be honest. Not sure how this differs from the Chiltons book.

2011 blcxl

Buick Ownership
2011 lucerne CXL
EBay has GM 2011 Lucerne manuals for $300.00, not sure what you consider too much.
I know those are the ones to have because I’ve had those on other cars but I only needed one manual. Just seeing if there’s any other options out there

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
The online services might be a option if you don't need to have the hard copy laying around. The other parts store types are a little to general for most people, but they are priced right. There are digital ones on Ebay in the $25 to $30 range but have no experience with them, seems that it's legit who knows.

Rich B.

Minot, ME
Buick Ownership
2016 LaCrosse & 2013 Boss 302 Mustang
Hmm, know from years past the factory manuals in whichever form can be obtained are the best to make your own repairs. Chiltons and others I found are good for general repairs but when you need extensive wiring schematics let's say, the info just isn't included.

Last set I bought was for my '87 Corvette and there was nothing on that car I couldn't fix. One repair can easily pay for the books or factory PDF. Prefer actual hands on pages myself.