• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Repeat Battery drain-car won't start

Charles Miller

Buick Ownership
Envision
Having problems with 2017 Envision and battery issues. Purchased new from dealer in Feb 2018. Started having no start/battery problems about 6 months later. Replaced battery in fall 2018. Problems started again in March 2019. Will sometimes start if you let it sit for 20 minutes. Otherwise need to jump. Dealer says I need to drive it more or start it and let it run for 5 minutes every day. I drive it every day for 10-15 minute trips and I think this should be sufficent. Why would you design a car that works like this? Does any one have a solution? I try to remember to put car in low gear to disable the stop/start function. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks

Last edited:

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
The dealer appears to be incompetent to put is nicely. If you let a modern car sit for weeks the battery may go dead.
Has the dealer done a parasitic drain test on the car?
Worst case, after trying a second dealer, you will need to purchase a battery tender if they cannt find anything.

Charles Miller

Buick Ownership
Envision
The dealer appears to be incompetent to put is nicely. If you let a modern car sit for weeks the battery may go dead.
Has the dealer done a parasitic drain test on the car?
Worst case, after trying a second dealer, you will need to purchase a battery tender if they cannt find anything.

Charles Miller

Buick Ownership
Envision
Not sure if they did a parasitic drain test last time or not. I am bringing it in tomorrow and will ask. Thanks for suggestion. If that does not work will try another dealer. I need a car I can rely on! It's a shame because I love this car otherwise.We were going to get a used Encore for our daughter but don't think so now.

Kd4ttc

Naperville IL
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback
The way you track this is to put a ahmmeter in series with the battery and read the current with the key removed. If it’s around 25mA it’s not the car. If it’s running hundreds or above pull one fuse at a time till the current drops to normal. That’s the circuit causing the issue. If no fuse pull drops the current check out the voltage regulator or alternator.

Pedal Commander