Replace burnt out LED "wing" daytime running light

14RegalGSAWD

Buick Newbie
Madison, WI
Buick Ownership
2014 Regal GS AWD
The passenger side LED DRL on my 2014 GS burnt out....I've been doing some searching and can't figure out what I need to do. Do I have to replace the entire "Wing" of LEDs? I'm seeing them for around $85 a piece.... If so, should I replace both at the same time to make sure they match?

Thanks in advance....

nizerims

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Buick Ownership
:(s)kciuB yM
led wire.jpg

The arrow is pointing to some wires covered with split wire loom and wrapped with black tape that has a small plug on the end. It plugs directly into the headlamp. It is the dedicated power source that controls the LED DRLs in the passenger side headlamp.

If this wire is not plugged into the back of the headlamp those LEDs will not work.
(The wire plugs in under that "A" shaped bracket that bolts the headlight to the fender)

I would;
Make sure its plugged in.
Make sure no wires are exposed and rubbing on the fender.
Make sure no wires are being pinched by the air filter box.
Make sure the other end of those wires goes into the engine wiring harness and they are not damaged.

If you want to unplug the driver side LED DRL, The LED "power" cable can be seen in this picture. It comes out between the fender and the fuse box, tucks up under the hood release cable and gets plugged in under the "A" shaped bracket on the drivers side headlamp.

Your other posts make me think its the DRLs, but if the LEDs inside your headlight (not the GS bumper fangs) are really burned out, this is not a "normal person" serviceable item. Even the dealership will replace the whole headlamp assembly.

If this is the case I'm VERY curious of where you found a replaceable LED board for our headlamp for $85?

pkgmsu2000

Contributing Member
Denver, CO
Buick Ownership
2014 Buick Regal GS
View attachment 13124

The arrow is pointing to some wires covered with split wire loom and wrapped with black tape that has a small plug on the end. It plugs directly into the headlamp. It is the dedicated power source that controls the LED DRLs in the passenger side headlamp.

If this wire is not plugged into the back of the headlamp those LEDs will not work.
(The wire plugs in under that "A" shaped bracket that bolts the headlight to the fender)

I would;
Make sure its plugged in.
Make sure no wires are exposed and rubbing on the fender.
Make sure no wires are being pinched by the air filter box.
Make sure the other end of those wires goes into the engine wiring harness and they are not damaged.

If you want to unplug the driver side LED DRL, The LED "power" cable can be seen in this picture. It comes out between the fender and the fuse box, tucks up under the hood release cable and gets plugged in under the "A" shaped bracket on the drivers side headlamp.

Your other posts make me think its the DRLs, but if the LEDs inside your headlight (not the GS bumper fangs) are really burned out, this is not a "normal person" serviceable item. Even the dealership will replace the whole headlamp assembly.

If this is the case I'm VERY curious of where you found a replaceable LED board for our headlamp for $85?
holy moly that is one clean engine bay! i could eat dinner off the engine cover :)