Replacement mufflers

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
Have you looked at your current muffler?
How are you going to get the Magnaflow to fit?

luke_dubs

Macedonia, Ohio
Buick Ownership
2013 Buick Regal GS
Have you looked at your current muffler?
How are you going to get the Magnaflow to fit?
I figured it would fit in just fine (I say as I don't know the dimensions of the stock muffler).

Now that I've actually taken a look under the car, I'd have to play with the y-pipe in order to make the linked muffler fit. If at all. It is too long.

I'll have to keep looking for something shorter. Perhaps this one?

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
These are generic fitting mufflers so you are not limited by the manufacturer, they actually listed these for the 3.8 Lucern. Size matters on the muffler tone and internal baffle design so straight through may produce a more raspy vs oval baffled which may produce a lower rubble. There's some good information on the muffler manufacturers site on what it all means.

So if looking for a certain tone and volume it's the external dimensions and internal baffle with chamber that might be helpful to also consider on a choice, best of luck on the upgrade solution.

GTP>GS

Buick Ownership
Buick Regal GS 2012
I had my leaky resonator replaced yesterday, and now I have the urge to replace my mufflers with ones that allow more noise to escape. Ohio laws state that I can't go past 79 decibels when over 35 mph....I've done a little research and it seems that this one fits my needs, I think:

MagnaFlow 5" X 8" Oval Center/Offset Straight Through Performance Muff

Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance.
What did you choose for a resonator replacement? My GS's resonator recently started leaking (obvious hole on the bottom) and I'm looking for something with a deeper tone -if possible.

luke_dubs

Macedonia, Ohio
Buick Ownership
2013 Buick Regal GS
What did you choose for a resonator replacement? My GS's resonator recently started leaking (obvious hole on the bottom) and I'm looking for something with a deeper tone -if possible.
I took my car to a muffler shop and had them put on a 3" inlet/outlet resonator they had in the shop.

If you're looking for a deeper tone, I can't help you. Sorry. You'll have to do some research.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Toss ZZP on the list as they have complete system and components. I've been happy with their other products but no experience for the mufflers so shop wisely.

spazztic

Buick Ownership
2016 buick regal premium 2 turbo
I had my leaky resonator replaced yesterday, and now I have the urge to replace my mufflers with ones that allow more noise to escape. Ohio laws state that I can't go past 79 decibels when over 35 mph....I've done a little research and it seems that this one fits my needs, I think:

MagnaFlow 5" X 8" Oval Center/Offset Straight Through Performance Muff

Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance.
I just got my magnaflow installed, works great and sounds amazing.but I have a whole cat back

Get your turbo buick badge right here!