Replacing FM Reciever in Regal LS 97

strider

Buick
First, it was a good deal. Second I don't really see how to determine whether FM receiver will fit without trying it. For most parts I can lookup a catalog say on Advancedauto site, but not for such type of device.
Do you know an algorithm?

Most of the sites do not list any specific information for FM receiver (I just checked advance auto for random receiver and it says "Fit of this part varies by vehicle & equipment specs")

NFortin198

2002 Buick Century Custom 3.1 2002 Buick LeSabre 3.8
Try going to the manufacturers website, they will usually list what their stuff will fit, or what you will need to make it fit, such as adapters or wiring harnesses.

strider

Buick
I found this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmr5hPI9Se4 video, which should be very similar to my car.
It seems that some kind of sex/adapters is inevitable. Unfortunately the guy does not say which adapter/kit he used for installation, but at least it seems possible.
I will check GM website, but its unlikely that there they still manufacture a receiver so it will be outdated and overpriced I believe (I paid 15$ for the receiver including shipping, though it seems that its backordered).
If anybody did this already and can advise particular adapter and mounting kit that would be great and will save me a lot of time! (I am fine even if it ships from china)

Turbo Buick Badge