(REPOST FOR COVERAGE) HELP! 2015 Buick Regal T stalls out when it reaches normal operating temperature.

Santi Alv

Buick Ownership
2015 Buick Regal Turbo
My 2015 Buick Regal T with around 89650 Miles on the odometer stalls out when coming to a complete stop. It goes like this, I start the car, let it warm up a little bit, I drive to my destination (15 minutes, 7 miles), and then I start the car, drive a stop sign, and right as I reach 0 MPH car stalls and I have to shift to P and start the car. I don't want to drive it anymore in fear of wearing out my starter. (Note: the car idles at around 875 RPM, I don't know if that is too low or not).

P.S: There is another problem with the car, a P06DE DTC code, I have no idea what could be causing it. ALSO!! When taking the car to the dealer for the DTC code, the dealer demanded an engine replacement, completely. Yet, the car drives and does not have any problems besides the stalling and DTC code.IFanyone has a solution or a link to another forum that would be great. Thank you. I just want to know if I need to replace the motor or not.

century61

Indiana
Buick Ownership
2008 Buick Lucerne 3.8 liter
My 2015 Buick Regal T with around 89650 Miles on the odometer stalls out when coming to a complete stop. It goes like this, I start the car, let it warm up a little bit, I drive to my destination (15 minutes, 7 miles), and then I start the car, drive a stop sign, and right as I reach 0 MPH car stalls and I have to shift to P and start the car. I don't want to drive it anymore in fear of wearing out my starter. (Note: the car idles at around 875 RPM, I don't know if that is too low or not).

P.S: There is another problem with the car, a P06DE DTC code, I have no idea what could be causing it. ALSO!! When taking the car to the dealer for the DTC code, the dealer demanded an engine replacement, completely. Yet, the car drives and does not have any problems besides the stalling and DTC code.IFanyone has a solution or a link to another forum that would be great. Thank you. I just want to know if I need to replace the motor or not.
That appears to be related to your oil pump or the condition of your oil itself (wrong oil type, Contaminated ect..) or wrong filter. Ill give you the link to what I found:

As per why they want to replace the engine??? Need more input on that and also any pending codes from a scanner.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
There are 3 Technical Service Bulletins, TSB, that relate to the posted code. No way to know if any of the TSB's or which one would apply to your vehicle without a inspection. Can not address the dealer point of engine replacement as not knowing how that decision was made.

If you are uncomfortable with this dealer consider taking it to another for a second opinion. As far as the vehicle shutdown at stops it's guessing without codes, additional information or troubleshooting also did the dealer attempt to diagnose this problem while getting the P06DE code.

Attachments

• 5412124.pdf
    392.9 KB · Views: 7
  • SB-10070545-0335.pdf
    579.9 KB · Views: 6
  • MC-10113666-9999.pdf
    79.8 KB · Views: 6

Santi Alv

Buick Ownership
2015 Buick Regal Turbo
That appears to be related to your oil pump or the condition of your oil itself (wrong oil type, Contaminated ect..) or wrong filter. Ill give you the link to what I found:

As per why they want to replace the engine??? Need more input on that and also any pending codes from a scanner.
Thank you so much for the reply,I’ve seen this article before but never did any of the steps, because when they told me to replace the engine so I did not want to drive the vehicle in these conditions. I then took it out for a drive completely perfect drive no issues AT ALL. I drive home and stop my car and boom it stalls out in drive. I was so disappointed thinking the problem was gone. The only code pulled up is the P06DE, and it is marked as permanent.I am currently sitting in the vehicle at idle with no Check Engine light. God this problem is confusing.

Attachments

• 8AEB116B-3757-4291-A472-0B53BD6E47B1.jpeg
    8AEB116B-3757-4291-A472-0B53BD6E47B1.jpeg
    322.1 KB · Views: 11

century61

Indiana
Buick Ownership
2008 Buick Lucerne 3.8 liter
Well, First thing - Do not take your car back to that shop that said you need a new engine.

Sounds like to me that the oil pressure solenoid needs to be replaced. I have looked around on the web and it appears to be about a half hour fix and around 50.00 bucks. Its located near the oil filter screen when you drop the oil pan. I have never done one but from looking at other GM car info it should be similar to do. I would do it myself because I am a DIYer. Replace the solenoid and oil/filter change. Clear the code.

I think this is what you are looking for below. They also call it a switch.

Thats my take on this.

Santi Alv

Buick Ownership
2015 Buick Regal Turbo
Thank you guys for the replies, but when I look at RockAuto for the parts, there is a category specifically that says "Oil Pump Control Valve / Solenoid", and another one for Oil Pressure Sensor. And looking back at the scanner it reads "Oil Pump Control Valve / Solenoid" so I was just wondering which one it would be. But I'm still confused about how this might correlate to the problem of my vehicle stalling? Is it the PCM turning the car off?

Attachments

• 1641440356432.png
    1641440356432.png
    93 KB · Views: 8
Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Santi Alv

Buick Ownership
2015 Buick Regal Turbo
Sorry for replying so late, I will go and get a second opinion without letting them know the first opinion told me about engine replacement. The only problem, the code is gone already!? I will take the risk and take the car out and see if it still wants to stall out. Thank all of you guys, yall were so helpful.

Santi Alv

Buick Ownership
2015 Buick Regal Turbo
Sorry for replying so late, I will go and get a second opinion without letting them know the first opinion told me about engine replacement. The only problem, the code is gone already!? I will take the risk and take the car out and see if it still wants to stall out. Thank all of you guys, yall were so helpful.W

Santi Alv

Buick Ownership
2015 Buick Regal Turbo
I would replace both depending on price.
I jinxed it LOL, I went to the gym with the car, drove back, and the engine light illuminated. I am going to scan it tomorrow to see if it is the same code, if it is, since you guys and especially Century were so helpful, I already know what to do from there. Again, you guys are so helpful.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!
Protect your vehicle from code scanners