• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Resistance when moving the outside mirror

94cruiser

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
not yet
When I put the car in reverse I have it set to tilt the outside mirrors towards the ground.

I've noticed that the pass side does not move at the same time as the driver. I'll hear a slight pop or tick and then it will move to the same position as the driver.
If I put the gear selector in D they both come up at the same time. If I go back to Reverse they both tilt down.

Has anyone experienced that? It seems like there is an issue with the gear mechanism. Is there a way to lubricate this?

Regal11

Manchester, NH
Buick Ownership
2019 Buick Regal Sportback Avenir
When I put the car in reverse I have it set to tilt the outside mirrors towards the ground.

I've noticed that the pass side does not move at the same time as the driver. I'll hear a slight pop or tick and then it will move to the same position as the driver.
If I put the gear selector in D they both come up at the same time. If I go back to Reverse they both tilt down.

Has anyone experienced that? It seems like there is an issue with the gear mechanism. Is there a way to lubricate this?
I'd say bring it to the dealer and have them fix it. My mirrors tilt down, when in reverse, seamlessly.

Uniqez

Buick Ownership
2018 Opel Insignia Country Tourer with Buick steering wheel, HMI and floor mats
Wait a minute, could we do this on TourX?

FavaBean

DE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
When electric mirrors reach their farthest position, they will pop. This safety mechanism is built in, so that if someone continues to hold a mirror adjustment button, it won't damage the mechanism because it skips/jumps.

Mirrors typically have indents in the mirror backing plate. These are designed so that if one wants to adjust the mirror beyond its existing range of motion, they can "pop" the mirror to a slightly different resting angle to reach the new desired angle.

Seems that your normal mirror angle (when car is in drive) may be already at the maxed out position of the mechanism's range of motion in one direction. You may need to change the resting angle of the mirror backing back into place. When not in reverse, try angling the mirror up (or any direction to test) using the buttons and see if it almost immediately pops. If it does, you should be able to firmly push the mirror with your thumbs to alter the angle in which the mirror sits in the mechanism to reset it back to factory position.....

At least that's the way my Accord works.

wagonlover56

Silicon Valley CA
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence April 2018 Build Date
I didn't even know/notice that the driver's side mirror tilts down in reverse. I thought it was only the passenger side that tilted down (as my 2003 VW Passat GLX does...).

Uniqez

Buick Ownership
I didn't even know/notice that the driver's side mirror tilts down in reverse. I thought it was only the passenger side that tilted down (as my 2003 VW Passat GLX does...).
Me neither. I didn't even know we have this option. Would have to check.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Me neither. I didn't even know we have this option. Would have to check.
It is available on my 19 Essence with the new infotainment UI.
If you have the same UI, it would be listed under "vehicle" in the settings.
If you have the older UI, look for similar wording.
IMG_2405.jpeg

Uniqez

Buick Ownership
View attachment 24456
I have an older UI, but will definitely check it out. Thanks.

Uniqez

Buick Ownership
View attachment 24456
Nope, this is all I have.

Attachments

• 20200728_144752.jpg
    20200728_144752.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 15

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
Red Needle TourX
Nope, this is all I have.

You might need to do the funky dance of getting the vehicle to boot up with the full menus. Sometimes the old UI doesn't load all the menus (seat memory recall, for instance). I have the Red Needle UI and I've seen the tilt mirror feature.

Uniqez

Buick Ownership
You might need to do the funky dance of getting the vehicle to boot up with the full menus. Sometimes the old UI doesn't load all the menus (seat memory recall, for instance). I have the Red Needle UI and I've seen the tilt mirror feature.
Wondering, if this is part of the DC 1 package. I don't have memory seats and I don't believe I've ever seen tilt menu.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Wondering, if this is part of the DC 1 package. I don't have memory seats and I don't believe I've ever seen tilt menu.
I believe it is part of the memory seat package.
Otherwise, the mirror won't know how far up to return. (I think)

Uniqez

Buick Ownership
I believe it is part of the memory seat package.
Otherwise, the mirror won't know how far up to return. (I think)
That makes sense.

j5i7

Utah
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence

I've got an '18 red needle with memory seats and I saw this option once... but the tilt mirror hasn't loaded under vehicle settings the last several times I've tried to enable it. Do you know what needs to be done to get the vehicle to boot up with the full menu again?

FavaBean

DE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
It's random. I went out earlier and option wasn't there when I was in service mode. Shut it down, open and closed door (never got out) and locked the door. I waited for the park light to stop illuminating on the dash and then when back to service mode and it was there. No rhyme or reason.

Attachments

• IMG_20200728_162847.jpg
    IMG_20200728_162847.jpg
    359 KB · Views: 8

Uniqez

Buick Ownership
It's random. I went out earlier and option wasn't there when I was in service mode. Shut it down, open and closed door (never got out) and locked the door. I waited for the park light to stop illuminating on the dash and then when back to service mode and it was there. No rhyme or reason.
Do you have memory seats?

Get your turbo buick badge right here!