Right (passenger) rear seat area rattle

SweetWafer

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
I've seen this mentioned by other owners, so it seems reasonable to make a dedicated thread on it. I have a TourX with the sunroof, and the sun screen is open. The position of the sun screen doesn't seem to matter.

Has anybody found a reliable mitigation strategy for it?

It seems to have recently gone away in my car, but I'm not sure what fixed it. I did ensure the headrest was pushed in completely. The headrest seems to pull out a bit when the seats are dropped. I have also put a strip of cardboard between the headliner and the piece that it sits on, behind the seat. This piece of the car is not secure at all and just floats around if you push on it.

Katsubento

Hawaii
Buick Ownership
2018.5 Regal GS
I noticed a rattle coming from the passenger side, but it sounds like like it's coming from the front somewhere... I'll check the back seat though.

Banto

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence - Dark Moon Blue, 2018 Regal TourX Essence - Rioja Red, 2009 Enclave CXL
I noticed a rattle today and when I rolled up the cargo cover, it went away,

Banto

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence - Dark Moon Blue, 2018 Regal TourX Essence - Rioja Red, 2009 Enclave CXL
Anyone figure out the cargo cover rattle issue (other than rolling up the cover). Both TourX’s have it and thought I’d ask before I start investigating.

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
Anyone figure out the cargo cover rattle issue (other than rolling up the cover). Both TourX’s have it and thought I’d ask before I start investigating.
I'm trying to convince my wife to drive around with me in the cargo area so I can pinpoint that rattle... She thinks I'm crazy.

4wheelforay

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal TourX
I don't have a rattle but a squeak, it is coming from the where the cargo shade is held (in the retracted position) on the passenger side. I have some door seal lubricant that I am going to use to lubricate the pocket to get it to stop.

ntorch

Blandon, PA
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
Mine was coming from the cargo cover. I cut a small square piece of bubble wrap (the really small bubbles) and taped it inside the tab hole where the cover snaps in (rear passenger side). It’s not very big at all, about the size of a square quarter—you’ll see it. It holds the clip in tighter and seems to have solved the rattle issue for me.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.