Roadmasters found for sale.

Benton Harbor, MI
Buick Ownership
95 Roadmaster Sedan (3), 94 & 96 Roadmaster Wagon
Thread starter #1
If you come across a craigslist, ebay, or local add for a Roadmaster, Caprice, Custom Crusier, Fleetwood, etc For Sale. Post it here. If you are personally selling your car, you are welcome to create your own thread. This is for vehicles you find, that you think others might be interested in.

Lets try to keep this on topic.

ishai1856

Buick Ownership
Buick
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/2709138272.html 94 rmw 1900. If anyone wants to call and get the info please post it. I'll probably call tomorrow but I expect it to be sold. You can get the engine rebuilt around here for 1200 and the tranny for 700, and it looks like its in incredible shape from the pics. At that price I'd be tempted to do both if it had more than 160k on it, change the bearings and touch the brakes up, change the fluids and have a brand new RMW. I sure am going to miss the inner empire cars when I move out of here.
I wish

ishai1856

Buick Ownership
Buick
OK, I talked to the guy, it has 232k on it, just passed smog, and the transmission slips a little bit going from 2nd to 3rd. He said he'd go 1700 on it. Just wanted to update on the one above.

sidewinder

Brainerd, MN
Buick Ownership
'92 RMW
Check Craigs List in Minneapolis, MN. Use "Roadmaster" as your search term in "Cars & Trucks" (also in "Auto Parts"). There are at least eight of them for sale out there now.

dosottawa

Buick Ownership
92 Roadmaster- 69LeSabre 91 Fleetwood Coupe FWD -3 Camrys
Hi all - 1992 Roadmaster Limited 170,000 km (or roughly 110,000 miles? eh?) - Royal blue with plush interior full power seats and all electronics fully functional - well engineered vehicle (Ottawa Canada) with Ice Cold AC - I am the second owner for almost half its life- no rust - well maintained- only major work done was the radiator replacement and fuel pump (dealer installed) over the last 3 years ago :)- otherwise general maintenance - oil brakes rotors etc. It was bumped :sad: on the rear quarter panel -passenger side behind the rear passenger door last week - slight door scratch - bumper not touched. Likely 2inch to 7 inch intrusion (middle of the fender height wise- from a steel bumper which he claim 5mph) -- Insurance to cash out on the car based on new parts & dealer labour costs to fix. So very long story short will take a beating cash out price but would be willing to part out - assuming insurer leave the car with me - spoke wheels & side chrome and rubber all good -( except rear passenger quarter) Anyone with experience on obtaining a fair best price from insurers let me know!!!! - CAR runs great ....drove it home from the accident and - as I said the bruise is on the rear quarter panel (chrome strip is damaged too) -- Really going to miss this car -- it has been and is an exceptional car. Tough to beat the RWD heavy duty ride it provides would have taken anywhere .. a solid vehicle. Comments welcomed!

Last edited:
Buick Ownership
Roadmasters
Monroe Center, IL
Buick Ownership
Roadmaster
I just responded to my thread: "thinking of buying another Roadmaster, but then I saw this thread, and thought I should warn people about this car. I ended up buying a '94 wagon, but I went and looked at this car:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...pe=b&num_records=25&cardist=39&standard=false

Anyway, you will want to stay away from it, as it's a 'rust bucket'. The front inner fenders are gone, with shiny pot metal riveted over it. That's why there's no engine compartment pics. Also, there's rust by both front door hinges, at the rockers, and some by the taillights. Surprisingly, the bottom of the doors, and the rest of the rockers are rust free!

Just thought I'd warn people, before they traveled a long distance to see this car.

John

Monroe Center, IL
Buick Ownership
Roadmaster
96 RMW 191K miles with issues, $1000
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/2828782636.html

93 RMW 185K miles, $2300
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/cto/2842777775.html

96 RMW 135K miles, sounds clean $5800
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/2842011819.html

Do these all sound pricey to you? I just bought a 94 Limited with 86K for $2750, fairly clean. I know wagons demand a premium, but wow!
I know, the wagons are all over the place, on price! But, for a Cali car (no rust), that's a reasonable price! I also just bought a '94 wagon for only 3k, with only 86k miles too! Mine's not a 'woody', or has the towing package, or posi, and has the smaller (numerically) rear end, but there's no rust on it, either!

jamestracy

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I just responded to my thread: "thinking of buying another Roadmaster, but then I saw this thread, and thought I should warn people about this car. I ended up buying a '94 wagon, but I went and looked at this car:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...pe=b&num_records=25&cardist=39&standard=false

Anyway, you will want to stay away from it, as it's a 'rust bucket'. The front inner fenders are gone, with shiny pot metal riveted over it. That's why there's no engine compartment pics. Also, there's rust by both front door hinges, at the rockers, and some by the taillights. Surprisingly, the bottom of the doors, and the rest of the rockers are rust free!

Just thought I'd warn people, before they traveled a long distance to see this car.

John
I had already inquired about that wagon...... I had them send me a pic of the engine.... I thought they zoomed in really close. You can see the rust on the sides.
Thanks for the info! I live in Southern IL and am actively looking for a wagon.

silverton34C

Buick Ownership
Buick
Some cars on Ebay as of today:

95 RMW 92.5K miles Florida. $6,000 starting bid
96 RMW 105K miles California $3,950 starting bid
96 RMW 118.7K miles Florida $3,895 starting bid
90 RMW 125K miles Virginia. $3,450 starting bid
95 RMS 47K miles Virginia $2,829 reserve not met. Would love to take a whack at this one but I can't be buying any more cars right now.

Bill

Monroe Center, IL
Buick Ownership
Roadmaster
I had already inquired about that wagon...... I had them send me a pic of the engine.... I thought they zoomed in really close. You can see the rust on the sides.
Thanks for the info! I live in Southern IL and am actively looking for a wagon.
I see the pic, and see they were very careful NOT to show the inner fenders! If they zoomed out, even just a little, you'd see the pot metal on the sides!

I don't know where you live in southern IL, but by Springfield, IL they had a really nice Caprice wagon with only 44k miles, but they wanted WAY too much money for it (I believe around 8k!). I do actually think they sold it though, as it's not on there anymore! I'd love to know how much it actually sold for!

John

Last edited:
Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.