• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Roof Water Leak - Solved

Red08Enclave

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Sorry this is so long. But I hope it helps someone:
Our 2008 Buick Enclave developed a roof leak before the manufacturer’s bumper-to-bumper warranty expired. We took our Enclave to dealer A three times but the roof leak continued. I got in email contact with someone via socialmedia@gm.com regarding this problem. Per their recommendation, we took our Enclave to dealer B. After multiple visits to dealer B and spending over $300.00 in repairs, our Enclave was still leaking. During these visits, I was in constant contact via email with Buick. My case was “escalated” by Buick; I received a case #, and was contacted by phone from someone from Buick. Per their recommendation, I continued to take our Enclave to Dealer B for repairs. After I picked up our Enclave from the fourth visit to Dealer B, I was assured that the roof leak was repaired. As I drove out of the dealership, water began streaming out of the rear roof lights onto the 3rd row seats. I immediately returned to the dealer to show them the leaking. During these multiple visits to Dealer B, I was assured by Buick that I would be compensated for my aggravation once our Enclave was repaired. After this seventh visit, I was told by Buick that I would be given another option to deal with this problem. Buick would give us a $3000.00 credit towards the purchase of a new GM vehicle. I was told that I would make my best deal trading in our Enclave for a new GM vehicle and then present the dealer with the $3000 credit. My wife and I felt uncomfortable trading in our Enclave with this problem (and just passing it on to someone else). In addition, we did not want to spend ~$20K to purchase a new vehicle. Following this 7th visit, my wife and I spent several hours on a weekend trying to find the leak. We did find that water was leaking from the seal around the fixed sunroof over the 2nd row of seats. I returned the Enclave to Dealer B for the fifth time and showed them where the water was leaking in. This time, the dealer had our Enclave for a week, with their solution to the problem being the application of a lot of silicone caulking in the grove around fixed sunroof. This appears to have fixed our problem. I talked to Buick about being compensated for the total of $400 we spend on unnecessary repairs and the time and aggravation my wife and I spent taking our Enclave to a dealer 8 total times. Buick’s response was to give us 2 year’s worth of free oil changes. A couple of things to take away from this:
· Buick really has no interest in helping, whether it is from their socialmedia@gm emails or phone calls from their escalated support. I spent $400 for repairs for a problem that initially occurred when our Enclave was still covered by the factory warranty.
· Even if they promise to compensate you for your aggravation, their best effort is truly an insult.
· It is unfathomably to us that Buick would consider it acceptable to have us trade in our Enclave when they know it has this problem.
· After eight trips to a dealer to fix this problem, my wife and I had to find the source of the problem. The dealer’s repair is just a band-aid; the design of the sunroof is faulty and apparently cannot be fixed any other way.
· I have seen a lot of other Enclave, Arcadia, and Traverse owners with this same problem. If one hasn’t already been started, it seems that this is definitely worth a class-action lawsuit.

ffrog

Buick Ownership
Buick
It may be too late now, but did anyone check the sunroof drain hoses. I had a similar problem with a GM vehicle (not Buick) where even going through a carwash water would be forced into the passenger cabin. Out of warranty so took it to a GM dealer and they found that the sunroof drain hoses were clogged just from normal dirt and debris getting into the sunroof track. In my case one of the four hose was crimped and the others were clogged (neighbor has pine trees). Every year now I open the sunroof and pour water in the track to make sure it drains out from under the car. This is not limited to GM, but all manufactures. Google it sometime.

Red08Enclave

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Yes, the drain were checked several times. I would check them prior to every return visit to the dealer. On one of the many visits to the 2nd dealer, I was even charged $60 to clean the roof drains. Thanks.

G-220956

I'm having the same issue.. My car is leaking and the water appears to be collected right next to the break. Our concern is that our Enclave does not have a sunroof and the only information available is vehicles with sunroof. Does anyone else's enclave leak underneath the pedals whenever it rains?

G-298005

I'm having the same issue.. My car is leaking and the water appears to be collected right next to the break. Our concern is that our Enclave does not have a sunroof and the only information available is vehicles with sunroof. Does anyone else's enclave leak underneath the pedals whenever it rains?
There are drains on the front windshield as well that drain water off down behind your motor. Those are probably leaking.

Turbo Buick Badge