Safe Jack Point?

Snoopy

Nova Scotia
Buick Ownership
Verano
I want to jack (floor jack) up my 2012 Verano at a point between the front wheel so that it lifts both wheels. I don't have the car up on a full lift so it's rather hard to see but I don't see anyplace that looks safe. Any help would be appreciated.

Alan 55

Buick Newbie
Florida
Buick Ownership
2001 Buick Park Avenue, previously owned 1997 Park Avenue
Perhaps your owners manual will show the location of the lift points on your vehicle.

Alan 55

Buick Newbie
Florida
Buick Ownership
2001 Buick Park Avenue, previously owned 1997 Park Avenue
In my opinion that is the only safe option. Perhaps others will give opinions. The vehicle is reinforced in certain areas for lifting as shown in your manual.

Deamer1

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
The way I do it, is to jack up each side independently and place a jack stand under each side at the height I desire. It takes more time, but it works for me.
Enjoy your Buick!

Snoopy

Nova Scotia
Buick Ownership
Verano
T
The way I do it, is to jack up each side independently and place a jack stand under each side at the height I desire. It takes more time, but it works for me.
Enjoy your Buick!
Yes, that is the way I did it over the weekend to do a front brake job on the Verano. Last time I did a full brake job on a car, I lifted the car from the center and threw a couple blocks under the axles. Things have changed in 40 years!:LOL:

Last edited:

KevinJ

Contributing Member
Ohio
Buick Ownership
2013 Verano Premium (2.0T, AT)
Ditto the other posters....
I don't think there is a "good" way to jack up the entire front or back of the car from a single lift point.
I use two floor jack. One on each side.

I place two sacrificial pieces of 2x4 lumber, cut to 5 or 6 inches in length onto the floor jack saddles to keep the saddles from damaging the under carriage of the car and also to help the saddle clear the pinch weld.
I lift up on the inside of the factory pinch weld lift point.

Side note... I alternate the lifting back forth on the two jacks. 3 or 4 inches at a time.
Then place jack stands as close to the lift points as I can.

I personally do not lower the car onto the jack stands. They are there just in case a floor jack fails.
But that is just me. It's probably recommended (and safer) to lower the car onto the jack stands.

Last edited:

KevinJ

Contributing Member
Ohio
Buick Ownership
2013 Verano Premium (2.0T, AT)
Below is an example of the type of jack pad you need to lift at the pinch weld

Schwaben Pinch Weld Protector
Thanks Mel!! I did not know they made such a thing. (But I shouldn't be surprised...)
Definitely is something I will be adding to the "tool collection".

What's ironic is that I am currently doing some IT work for a sheet metal/machine shop.
I was thinking about having them make something similar for me and had even made a couple of rudimentary drawings. Looks like I now won't be needing to do that.

Side note... Amazon has several different kinds of these adapters listed.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.