• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Screen in my car is completely black

Faith bales

Buick Ownership
2017 lacrosse
I have a 2017 Buick LaCrosse and this morning when I turned on my car, the screen in my car remained completely black. The radio turned on, and when I touch the screen I can hear that it’s working but it’s all black so I can’t see anything. I tried restarting my car and that didn’t work either, any ideas?

Attachments

MnBuick17

Buick Ownership
Buick Encore
I have a 2017 Buick LaCrosse and this morning when I turned on my car, the screen in my car remained completely black. The radio turned on, and when I touch the screen I can hear that it’s working but it’s all black so I can’t see anything. I tried restarting my car and that didn’t work either, any ideas?
This just happened to our 2019 Buick Encore after having it just one month. Read it is also happening to Chevrolet Equinox vehicles as they have the same 8" media display. It was outside and the sun was reflecting off the screen. It must have overheated and stopped working. Started 30 minutes just fine AFTER it was put in the shade. Called dealer and was told this wasn't unusual. Really???? Great. :( Guess I'll invest in a window shade for the dash.

Funny thing is it slowly came back once it was out of the sun. First we could press on screen and hear the beeps of the preset buttons, then a few minutes later the radio stations started playing but screen was still black. Then after sitting in the shade for 30 minutes we started it again and everything worked well. I added this incident on the Buick FB page so maybe someone in charge might read it. Anyways, it's not uncommon. What makes no sense is on many new Chevy and Buick models they have the 8" screens that are slightly tilted back facing roof of car and that's not a good idea because the glossy screen is more apt to catch the sun rays and heat it up quickly in the right circumstances. They could consider a deflector on the screen top. Ah, technology! Gotta live with it.

Rich B.

Minot, ME
Buick Ownership
2016 LaCrosse & 2013 Boss 302 Mustang
Of coarse ours brightens and dims with sunlight or lack of, along with the instrument cluster. Photo eye on dash may control a whole lot more than first thought. Can’t vouch for overheating as keep car in garage and very seldom parked outdoors any length of time.

Pedal Commander