• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

SD Card not valid

Herb Miller

On 2019 Regal the navigation system is not working and all i get is a message saying the SD Card is not valid. This came about when i was trying to get the map on my phone to display on the Buick screen.

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Silvermist

Buick Ownership
1998 Buick Park Avenue
The SD card must be removable? If you can, try re-seating the card in its slot. Pull it out, put it in, wiggle it all about, lol.

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
On 2019 Regal the navigation system is not working and all i get is a message saying the SD Card is not valid. This came about when i was trying to get the map on my phone to display on the Buick screen.
I've had that happen 2 times, both when phone was plugged into car when starting up and Carplay and infotainment booting together maybe had some kind of conflict. Next restart with phone unplugged the built in nav worked fine.

visitor

Buick Newbie
just make sure it's new (not "like new" or "used") & sealed in original package, because
The SD cards are vin binded.
and your system will reject it.

I don't know Android programming, so haven't figured out how to copy a virgin card's data for an unformatted backup :confused:

ConeDodger

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX (soon?)
The SD card has a spring loaded "latch" that sort of clicks in/out when you press it down. The clicks might be totally normal if you took the card out to reseat it.

Ctrcbob

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
I’ve had that happen to me. Lost many things in center info screen. To fix, first time, I removed the SD card, then put the same card back in. The other two times it happened, I just unclicked the card (it pops up slightly) then push it back into slot. Has not happened in a while. Knock on wood.

Herb Miller

Finally fixed, had to find how to eject the SD card and where it would be ejected. Found by searching on "find Buick SD card slot" then going to "Proper Navigation SD Card Ejection". My car did not have the screen messages discussed. However, after finally locating the SD card, next to the USB port, I found it was ejected by following the press here instructions. Reinserted SD card and all was well, system back to normal.

visitor

Buick Newbie
Finally fixed, had to find how to eject the SD card and where it would be ejected. Found by searching on "find Buick SD card slot" then going to "Proper Navigation SD Card Ejection". My car did not have the screen messages discussed. However, after finally locating the SD card, next to the USB port, I found it was ejected by following the press here instructions. Reinserted SD card and all was well, system back to normal.
The SD card slot always seemed to be in a precarious spot where someone carelessly dumping things in the console storage could easily damage the card, slot or both. It's one of my favorite reasons to get a console storage tray for ~ $20. Ours is very similar to this one.

Ruesselsheimer2001

Detroit Metro
Buick Ownership
2020 Regal TourX
The SD card slot always seemed to be in a precarious spot where someone carelessly dumping things in the console storage could easily damage the card, slot or both. It's one of my favorite reasons to get a console storage tray for ~ $20. Ours is very similar to this one.
I put a little piece of electrical tape over mine for this reason.

BTW, when I get this message (happens a few times a year -- never been able to diagnose why (hot, cold, started with keyfob with the door open, etc, etc.) -- popping it out and putting it back in usually works either immediately or at the next ignition cycle. It never has been a permanent thing...(knock on wood).

visitor

Buick Newbie
Looks like the newest version is GM 86779704, if you need a new one.
erm, nope :huh?:
Part number 86779704 $166.93 is no longer available and has been replaced by part number 85549038 $337.03.

85549038 $337.03 navigation data card is not listed for use with the vehicle per the licensed GM parts catalog.

84530371 $164.38 navigation data card is listed for use with the vehicle per the licensed GM parts catalog.
- GMPartsDirect.com

:wrongforu apparently the part #'s don't numerically ascend as they're updated, but not really sure...
I suspect that #86779704 might work and is the latest available, but not shelling out $300+ just to find out if #85549038 works.

#84530371 was the version that came installed in our '18 & a new #84739527 works - that's all i know for sure.