• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Searching This Forum Woes Solution

WaWaZat

For anyone having trouble searching this forum, I have used this method to search google for threads in other car forums that are older, which have horrible search functions: “search phrase” site:Buick Forums

Example:
I was looking for threads in the TourX category for Catch Can. The search function here left "can" out, because it is too common a word, so this made searching this topic here impossible. Using the above line in google, I put "catch can" between the quotes and it brought up all relevant hits for all the Buick Forum categories. Then I had to scroll down the results page and look at the categories. In this case, it doesn't seem to show the "2018+ Buick Regal Sportback and TourX Forum", as a category, but I just clicked on the one's that weren't other categories, such as "2011-2017 Buick Regal / Regal GS Forum", and results came up.

Now we just need someone to figure out how to use this method to search only the 2018+ Buick Regal Sportback and TourX Forum. Using the link for the category (“search phrase” site:2018+ Buick Regal Sportback and TourX Forum) doesn't work.

Wlepse

NNJ
2018 Regal TourX Essence
What I find frustrating is if you search for something using the menu Favabean shows in the caps above and get too many results and decide to narrow the search a bit the options are not the same. At least for me, the option to search in this forum is no longer available. Even if you select advanced I don't have that option anymore. Just not the most user friendly search function.

mike69440

2018 TourX Essence
The first problem is searching for a catch can. Waste of time and effort.
Maybe so, but the pretty red hoses make it go faster & I get a false sense of gratification draining out a few ounces of goo a that the engine did not have to eat.

greenne

Albany, NY
2019 Regal TourX
Maybe so, but the pretty red hoses make it go faster & I get a false sense of gratification draining out a few ounces of goo a that the engine did not have to eat.
If it was an audi or BMW with a track record of carbon buildup I'd think it a better investment. But I haven't heard of major carbon probs with the ecotec engine. Your thoughts?

WaWaZat

yeah, I told him that in the other forum and he told me he already knew that. so good luck!
Seems you're not understanding the issue. The following pic is the message I get when searching catch can...
Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 12.54.31 PM.png

Searching "Everywhere" brings up results in all forums. I'm just trying to limit mine to the 2018+ Regal... forum.

GermyShoe

Richardson, TX
Regal TourX
Seems you're not understanding the issue. The following pic is the message I get when searching catch can...
View attachment 21121

Searching "Everywhere" brings up results in all forums. I'm just trying to limit mine to the 2018+ Regal... forum.
My apologies. I didn't get that message when I searched "catch can" and selected "this forum only."

I wonder what I did differently.

Also, I have been frequenting Twitter a bit too much recently. I am a little too salty right now.

WaWaZat

My apologies. I didn't get that message when I searched "catch can" and selected "this forum only."

I wonder what I did differently.

Also, I have been frequenting Twitter a bit too much recently. I am a little too salty right now.
(y)

Seems I get different results when I search at different times too. Think we just chalk it up to, the search function here could use improvement. Who do we cry to around here about this?!

Ok... I won't pursue Twitter then. lol!!

Get your turbo buick badge right here!