• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Searching This Forum Woes Solution

WaWaZat

For anyone having trouble searching this forum, I have used this method to search google for threads in other car forums that are older, which have horrible search functions: “search phrase” site:Buick Forums

Example:
I was looking for threads in the TourX category for Catch Can. The search function here left "can" out, because it is too common a word, so this made searching this topic here impossible. Using the above line in google, I put "catch can" between the quotes and it brought up all relevant hits for all the Buick Forum categories. Then I had to scroll down the results page and look at the categories. In this case, it doesn't seem to show the "2018+ Buick Regal Sportback and TourX Forum", as a category, but I just clicked on the one's that weren't other categories, such as "2011-2017 Buick Regal / Regal GS Forum", and results came up.

Now we just need someone to figure out how to use this method to search only the 2018+ Buick Regal Sportback and TourX Forum. Using the link for the category (“search phrase” site:2018+ Buick Regal Sportback and TourX Forum) doesn't work.

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
What I find frustrating is if you search for something using the menu Favabean shows in the caps above and get too many results and decide to narrow the search a bit the options are not the same. At least for me, the option to search in this forum is no longer available. Even if you select advanced I don't have that option anymore. Just not the most user friendly search function.

greenne

Albany, NY
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX
Maybe so, but the pretty red hoses make it go faster & I get a false sense of gratification draining out a few ounces of goo a that the engine did not have to eat.
If it was an audi or BMW with a track record of carbon buildup I'd think it a better investment. But I haven't heard of major carbon probs with the ecotec engine. Your thoughts?

WaWaZat

yeah, I told him that in the other forum and he told me he already knew that. so good luck!
Seems you're not understanding the issue. The following pic is the message I get when searching catch can...
Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 12.54.31 PM.png

Searching "Everywhere" brings up results in all forums. I'm just trying to limit mine to the 2018+ Regal... forum.

GermyShoe

Richardson, TX
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Seems you're not understanding the issue. The following pic is the message I get when searching catch can...
View attachment 21121

Searching "Everywhere" brings up results in all forums. I'm just trying to limit mine to the 2018+ Regal... forum.
My apologies. I didn't get that message when I searched "catch can" and selected "this forum only."

I wonder what I did differently.

Also, I have been frequenting Twitter a bit too much recently. I am a little too salty right now.

WaWaZat

My apologies. I didn't get that message when I searched "catch can" and selected "this forum only."

I wonder what I did differently.

Also, I have been frequenting Twitter a bit too much recently. I am a little too salty right now.
(y)

Seems I get different results when I search at different times too. Think we just chalk it up to, the search function here could use improvement. Who do we cry to around here about this?!

Ok... I won't pursue Twitter then. lol!!

Turbo Buick Badge