• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Service Battery System on DIC

ksefcovic05

Buick Ownership
2008 Buick Enclave
Hi,
I put in a new battery and the error message service batter charging system is still there. I took to advanced auto parts after I put in new battery, they ran the alternator check and couldn’t tell me what exactly was wrong, The test said the battery was good and the charge was somewhat stable but needed serviced. What should I do? I am low income and can’t take to dealer and don’t have loads of money to throw into my car.

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
Did autozone explain to you what they meant by "needed service"?
You dont have a local independent shop that has a scan tool to diagnosis why the light is on?
Have you driven the car for any extended period of time so that the computer recognizes that there is a new battery?

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
All the readings are low voltage, either you have a bad battery or the charging system has an issue.
What is the voltage reading at the battery with the car off?
What is the voltage reading at the battery with the engine running?

Pedal Commander