Service Engine soon light

mcgeb

Buick Ownership
Park Avenue
I just had my 01 Park Avenue serviced. It would not start. Had it towed to long time mechanic. replaced coil, wire spark plugs and computer board/ $626. Just had 4 new tries put on, replaced struts and brakes in November. I picked up car and noticed temperature gauge would not work. It had dropped to lowest point and could not get past the stopper. I took car back immediately and mechanic looked at it and said he would call me. Today, driving home, SES light came on for no reason. Once again, I am in a panic. I am a widow and I feel like I am being taken advantage of with these car mechanics. Anyone have any ideas why this light is on? It has 120,000 mi

Alan 55

Buick Newbie
Florida
Buick Ownership
2001 Buick Park Avenue, previously owned 1997 Park Avenue
Many auto parts stores such as Autozone will hook up a scan tool and give you the code concerning your SES light. This is a free service. If you want to post the code, we will help you figure this out.

Ziggy

Buick Ownership
Buick Park Avenue 91 base
Sorry to hear this. Get another mechanic. He is just doing some easy stuff. The SES light doesn't come on for no reason, it is a warning. It stores a code in the computer and with this code we will be able to tell what to check.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.