setting vavle correctly.

diggydigg

Buick Ownership
92 buick roadmaster v8 350 5.7L
ok this is a rehash of a previous post i posted,but i moved on to another part of the car and now i have to back track.i have the 92 rms,and i need to know if i set the vavles correctly.i have solid/flat lifters(which i confirmed and reconfirmed).with a feeler gauge,(while cold and on compression stroke)i set the intake at 0.16,and the exaust at 0.18.im curious as to know if i did that right.when i bought the car,it did not have an owners manual or a cam card,to refer to.if i done it incorrectly,please instruct me the correct way,or refer me to a site where i can read on how to do it right.thank you.

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
The factory never installed sold flat tappet lifters in a 92 RM.
The factory installed hydraulic roller lifters.
How you determined you have solid flat tappet without actually looking at the lifter is extremely puzzling .
Even if that was possible nobody other than the aftermarket camshaft manufacturer could tell you the correct clearance to set the valves.

HotZ28

SE
Buick Ownership
1996 Roadmaster Limited Collectors Edition 58k - 1996 PAU 2019 Regal GS
The procedure for setting the flat tappet hydraulic lifters & hydraulic rollers are the same. If you watch the vid below and still do not understand, it might be better to hire some who has that experience.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!