Shaking / vibration

Jmw12671

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Anyone else with a 2017 envision have a shaking vibration issues when accelerating from a stop? More so when turning left or turning right? This is so annoying and dealership has told me twice it’s normal ????

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
Did they go for a test drive with you?
Is this the dealer who sold you the car and if so did you complain to the salesperson?
did you ask to speak to the dealership general manager?
if all else fails call Buick customer service.

Jmw12671

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Did they go for a test drive with you?
Is this the dealer who sold you the car and if so did you complain to the salesperson?
did you ask to speak to the dealership general manager?
if all else fails call Buick customer service.
They did go for a ride with me. They felt it... said it was “normal”... it has been escalated to a senior advisor at Buick and I’m waiting for them to get back to me

NormT

Turbo-4 power!
OHIO
Buick Ownership
Turbo Envision
Thanks for getting this started or escalating.

NormT

Turbo-4 power!
OHIO
Buick Ownership
Turbo Envision
Yeah it is common on Premium 2.0T models as other on envisionforum and Envision Facebook page have mentioned it. I am ecu tuning mine with more torque I go right through the vibration mph area quicker now. :)

Jmw12671

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Mine doesn’t last long at all. It’s just the point .. for what I pay a month on a lease and the price of the car, this should not be happening at all ...

Buick Ownership
Buick
My 2016 Premium does not do this but perhaps it is because I run with 40 PSI in all 4 tires. The car handles much better, absorbs bumps better, and believe it or not rides better! When they get down to 36 I put them back at 40 or a tad higher.

NormT

Turbo-4 power!
OHIO
Buick Ownership
Turbo Envision
Someone posted on the other Envision forum that Malibu had a TSB for similar sounding vibration and thr cure was loosen the engine or transmission mounts and realign them.

Buick Ownership
2016 Buick Envision Premium II
Someone posted on the other Envision forum that Malibu had a TSB for similar sounding vibration and thr cure was loosen the engine or transmission mounts and realign them.
Norm, that was me:

Odd wobbling sensation on right hand turn. - Buick Envision Forum

What an annoying issue. I have not had a chance to get it in yet for it but it sure feels like it's getting worse. I notice at night when it does it, it actually shakes the headlights. Has anyone gotten anywhere with this? Ours just turned over 11K (2016 Premium II). Oddly, mom has a 2013 Verano that has a shimmy at take off but her's is not near as bad and seems to happen when it shifts to second gear. As the OP, ours seems to do it worse turning right. We need to dog Buick about this. I'm taking it in Friday for my last free oil change and I'm going to try to make an appointment for the following week.

TSS

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2017 Envision Premium I (AWD 2.0T) ; 2010 Enclave CXL (SOLD)
NEWS FLASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spoke with my good friend who's the service manager at my dealership. There is a TSB on it now. TSB was released on August 6, 2018. The solution right out of the gate is to replace both front half shafts. One of the half shafts is readily available, there's a current shortage of the other shaft. So there may be some delay in service departments getting the parts. I told him to go ahead and order them for mine and whenever they get in I'll come in and have it done. I'll keep everyone posted.. But now there's a TSB number to refer to!

TSB number: 18 – NA – 233

Buick Ownership
2016 Buick Envision Premium II
Are you sure about the TSB? I tried to google it and can't find it. My car has been in the shop for TWO WEEKS! That is after a week before. It's in there for this, and also the rear AC out. I just texted my Service Advisor this TSB number. I suspect they probably ordered the same axle that is on there now.

TSS

Michigan
Buick Ownership
Are you sure about the TSB? I tried to google it and can't find it. My car has been in the shop for TWO WEEKS! That is after a week before. It's in there for this, and also the rear AC out. I just texted my Service Advisor this TSB number. I suspect they probably ordered the same axle that is on there now.
Yes I'm sure. You're not going to be able to Google it yet..... Dealers just got it..... And it's half shafts not Axle.........Way less intrusive type of work

TSS

Michigan
Buick Ownership
I got a call this morning that both of my half shafts are in. I'll probably get it done next week and will update everyone on whether or not it solves the problem. It would be nice to have a concrete solution to this issue.

Michigan
Buick Ownership
Car goes in tomorrow for the half shafts TSB. Everybody keep your fingers crossed that we might actually have a conclusive answer and a good TSB number To resolve this issue for everyone before The end of the week. :)

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.