Shift to Park Indicator

Stephen

2010 Buick LaCrosse. When I put the car in Park there are times when the shift to park indicator that is located in the middle of the dash will not go out. You have to play with the shifter for it to go out. Buick dealer does not have any answers

Buicklacrosse2013

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I would like to look into this for you. Please contact me privately with the last eight of your VIN for more assistance. I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks in advance.

Tricia, Buick Customer Service.
Hello I have the same intermittent problem.
Do you have any solutions.
Buick LaCrosse 2013 Premium 2
Vin-316528

Last edited:

Buicklacrosse2013

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I would like to look into this for you. Please contact me privately with the last eight of your VIN for more assistance. I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks in advance.

Vin-316528
Last edited by Buicklacrosse2013; March 13th, 2017 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Vin

- - - Updated - - -

Vin-316528

douger

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Buick Ownership
2012 Buick LaCrosse Touring
2010 Buick LaCrosse. When I put the car in Park there are times when the shift to park indicator that is located in the middle of the dash will not go out. You have to play with the shifter for it to go out. Buick dealer does not have any answers
SI suggests making sure that the shift cable is adjusted properly.

The position sensor is inside the transmission.

Detroit, USA

Vin-316528

- - - Updated - - -

Vin-316528
Hello Buicklacrosse2013,

We are truly sorry to hear that you are experiencing concerns with your Buick. At your earliest convenience, please send us a private message with your full contact information, vehicle mileage, and the name of your preferred dealership and our team would be more than happy to look into this concern further. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best wishers,

Steven A.
Buick Customer Care

Buicklacrosse2013

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Thanks,
Issue corrected by simply lightly pressing the lock release button on stick shift.
It automatically releases the micro switch to clear the message.

Buick LaCrosse 2013

zavesm

Buick Newbie
Florida
Buick Ownership
2013 Buick Lacrosse
My 2013 Lacrosse Touring has been doing this since about 25,000 miles. Unfortunately pushing the lock release button does not work; many times it takes 3-4 shifts from park to reverse or drive and then back to park before it stops; other times I have to shut off the engine, restart, and try to shift back and forth. I had the dealer look at this at least once while it was in warranty but could not replicate. Now, it's doing it almost every time and of course I'm out of the warranty period. I'm not comfortable taking it back to the dealer, as I spoke with the mechanic and he stated he did not know how to address the issue, and that there were no TSB's covering this condition.
Buick LaCrosse 2013 Touring
Vin-244604

g_133177

My 2013 Lacrosse Touring has been doing this since about 25,000 miles. Unfortunately pushing the lock release button does not work; many times it takes 3-4 shifts from park to reverse or drive and then back to park before it stops; other times I have to shut off the engine, restart, and try to shift back and forth. I had the dealer look at this at least once while it was in warranty but could not replicate. Now, it's doing it almost every time and of course I'm out of the warranty period. I'm not comfortable taking it back to the dealer, as I spoke with the mechanic and he stated he did not know how to address the issue, and that there were no TSB's covering this condition.
Buick LaCrosse 2013 Touring
Vin-244604
I’m experiencing a similar issue with my 15 Regal and curious as to how you resolved.

Lyverne

Buick Ownership
La Crosse
I’m experiencing a similar issue with my 15 Regal and curious as to how you resolved.
I have this very same problem with my 2011 Buick LaCrosse. I have taken it to the dealer 2 times (the first time I paid $150 and was told that there was something wrong with the cable). When I took it back to the same dealer because the same thing had occurred I was initially told to keep driving the vehicle until it got worse or pay them $650+ to put in a new gear shift box which they "think" might fix it. I have a reported this to Buick customer support (case #8-4693757405).

dmoneyxoxo

Buick Ownership
Regal
I am having this same issue with my Buick Regal 2015. It has just reached 42,000 miles and says shift to park when I go to turn it off. The vehicle does turn off but I’m worried it may cause damage to the car, help.