Should I buy a CXL Turbo T07 Russelsheim

JAY820

Buick Ownership
Buick
What's up buickforum. I currently drive a suv and I'm looking for a nice looking DD for no more than 12k. I found a T07 for 10.5k with service records. I may get it tuned one day soon and I don't expect this to run like my old e46 M3 did. I've used the search to find an answer but I can't find a definite answer about the russelsheim models. Is it a tune that works better for the non GS models? i'd appreciate the help and look forward to picking your brains often as possible.:confused::confused::confused:

statelaw09

Mid Michigan
Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Regal Turbo
I love mine (T05 - I.e, everything but sunroof and color nav display). Bought it a couple years ago with 32k miles on it. Was a lease turn-in, which I thought was odd since it's a manual. Now has 79k and still runs strong. No issues so far except the front driver side lock actuator went bad, but it wasn't too hard to replace. I have a Trifecta tune which was by far the biggest improvement in performance. Without the tune it's limited at about 15psi boost, the trifecta tune bumps it up to 22. I love the car so much I can't stop buying parts/mods for it lol. There are a few other options for tunes, which, based on reviews I've read on here, all sound like they work well and people like them. Knowing what I know now, if I came across a 2011-2013 turbo or GS with only 11k miles on it I would snatch it up in a heartbeat! P.s., mine is an '11 turbo Russelheim.

FathersBuick

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I own 2011 T07 since new. Russelheim. 6 speed. It's a great fun little car to zip back & forth to work. 4 yrs with no problems. 55,000 mi.

Last edited:

TC400

Pittsburgh, PA
Buick Ownership
Buick Regal TO7 (sold)
I have a 11 T07 Russelheim as well. It has 21k on it. bought it with 2,500 on it. No issues here. Other than corroding center caps lol

Benzadmiral

Buick Ownership
2016 Buick LaCrosse 3.6 Premium
My '11 is not the turbo -- I couldn't find one when I was car shopping in late 2013, not a CPO in my price range. But the CXL has been solid, a great car "for zipping back and forth to work," as FathersBuick put it, and for road trips too. It's been very reliable, and it sees about 22-23 mpg overall on regular w/ 70% city driving.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!