• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Show us your best shot

Zaxer

MKE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Finally got around to putting a new starter in my old e30 (yet another example of how BMW makes replacing parts needlessly difficult 😑)

Looking forward to the autumn driving season

E6A74355-63A7-4C0E-B38E-8F4866621D82.jpeg

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Nice Buick in awesome shape.
My dad had first year or 87 FWD Bonneville SE on same platform. For it's day the Bose stereo and 3800 V6 kicked ass, made C&D 10 best list.
It made my dad not mind me buying his gutless 76 Grand Safari.

Last edited:

Rk54Strat

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
TourX
What paint did you use?
I used high temp engine paint.
1. Cleaned calipers with brake cleaner and let dry
2. Cleaned the clean calipers with Naptha.
3. Made a makeshift spray booth from a 55 gallon trash bag. I cut a small opening in the sealed end of the bag and slipped it over the wheel/rotor and only needed to mask the rubber caliper pin grommet.
4. Applied 5 lite coats of high temp paint and let each coat dry about 10 minutes.
5. Applied 2 lite coats of clear lacquer.
6. Replaced wheel inserts while I was waiting for everything to dry.
I spent about $25 and about 2 hours of my time.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
I used high temp engine paint.
1. Cleaned calipers with brake cleaner and let dry
2. Cleaned the clean calipers with Naptha.
3. Made a makeshift spray booth from a 55 gallon trash bag. I cut a small opening in the sealed end of the bag and slipped it over the wheel/rotor and only needed to mask the rubber caliper pin grommet.
4. Applied 5 lite coats of high temp paint and let each coat dry about 10 minutes.
5. Applied 2 lite coats of clear lacquer.
6. Replaced wheel inserts while I was waiting for everything to dry.
I spent about $25 and about 2 hours of my time.
Looks good you did nice job!

FavaBean

DE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Front end shot with the eBay stripes
Tinting looks good!

Can the stripes be added to either the left side or the right side of the grill? Most if the images I've seen, have the stripes on the drivers side (I think!).

I can't believe they installed the plate bracket off center!

Frampton

Buick Ownership
2003 buick lesabre custom
Front end shot with the eBay stripes - really pissed off that the plate holder isn’t centered :( but on the plus side I got some window tint installed today which looks great and really helps with the sun
That looks really good with the stripes only on one side! Very origanal. Most people would put them on both sides. Very rally looking! You could always recenter the bracket.

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Front end shot with the eBay stripes - really pissed off that the plate holder isn’t centered :( but on the plus side I got some window tint installed today which looks great and really helps with the sun
Has anybody checked to see if the kit on Amazon for the grille stripes is the same one as on eBay? (Prime member here).

Frampton

Buick Ownership
2003 buick lesabre custom
Darkmoon Blue, which might as well be black if not in direct sunlight. I'm currently leaning towards 35% for the rear doors and back windows. I drive in the dark regularly, so I don't want too dark to limit visibility.
Id agree. Lol.

Pedal Commander