• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Show us your best shot

BoostedRegal2.0

2014 Regal 2.0 Turbo AWD Trifecta Tune
What check????? The IRS site says Payment Status Not Available so I don't know if we are qualified to get a check. We made less that $150,000 combined so we should be qualified.

D2R

Michigan
2019 Regal TourX Essence

Frampton

2003 buick lesabre custom
What government check? :sad:
Nope, not getting the full $1200, not close to that at all...😣
An engineer earning under $75,000 would be like entry level straight out of college. ;)
I'm on s.s.d and I don't know if I'm getting one. I earn 1400 monthly.

IamNabil

Vermont
2019 Regal TourX
What government check? :sad:
Nope, not getting the full $1200, not close to that at all...😣
An engineer earning under $75,000 would be like entry level straight out of college. ;)
I am the CTO of a computer company. I got my check. The trick was to file head of household.

x10003q

2019 GS
View attachment 22159

Touring laps around Watkins Glen International.
So awesome.

About 10 years ago, on a Finger Lakes Winery weekend, my wife suggested we Drive the Glen in our 2002 Audi S6 Avant. There were about 5 cars waiting when we showed up. We waited for about 20 minutes until they cleared the track (there were some IMSA practice laps ending). I quickly figured out that I should go last so there would be nobody behind me. At the time, they were offering 4 laps. On the first lap I dawdled well behind the car in front of me and got the lay of the track. My wife had no idea what I was up to when I went last or got so far behind the other cars. Since I was last, I was not holding up anybody and I would be able to explore some track speed. On the second lap I really got well behind the car in front of me and was able to get some speed coming out of the esses onto the back stretch and got the S6 up to 90mph. On the third lap I really pushed out of the 90 thru the esses and got up to 115 mph on the backstretch. By this point my wife was white as a ghost. On the last lap I did a comfortable cruise around and my wife was able to actually enjoy the ride. We still laugh about it. It was a great experience.

fiero8801

Regal tourx
So awesome.

About 10 years ago, on a Finger Lakes Winery weekend, my wife suggested we Drive the Glen in our 2002 Audi S6 Avant. There were about 5 cars waiting when we showed up. We waited for about 20 minutes until they cleared the track (there were some IMSA practice laps ending). I quickly figured out that I should go last so there would be nobody behind me. At the time, they were offering 4 laps. On the first lap I dawdled well behind the car in front of me and got the lay of the track. My wife had no idea what I was up to when I went last or got so far behind the other cars. Since I was last, I was not holding up anybody and I would be able to explore some track speed. On the second lap I really got well behind the car in front of me and was able to get some speed coming out of the esses onto the back stretch and got the S6 up to 90mph. On the third lap I really pushed out of the 90 thru the esses and got up to 115 mph on the backstretch. By this point my wife was white as a ghost. On the last lap I did a comfortable cruise around and my wife was able to actually enjoy the ride. We still laugh about it. It was a great experience.
Nice, its still 4 laps, but I did the opposite and made sure we were at the front. There was about 10-12 vehicles when we went, most were trucks and SUV's. We were 2nd in line behind a SS 1LE Camaro that was there for an Audi club trackday, the owner was letting his dad take it around. The guy driving the pace truck didn't waste any time putting a gap on most of the group. By the top of the esses there was no one in sight behind us. The pace truck was 80-90 mph on the straights and cornering about as hard as a pickup truck could. When we stopped for the photos, the guys in the Camaro said they were quite surprised how fast the pace was and that there was a Buick wagon on their ass the whole time. It was at least 2-3 min until the next vehicle pulled up behind us. I was the one that wanted to do the laps, but my wife ended up enjoying more than expected, we still talk about how much faster than expected the laps were. I do track days in a Cadillac CTS-V, so it felt slow overall, mostly braking so conservatively, but def worth the experience. Just made me want to get the V to the glen for a full track day.

Wlepse

NNJ
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Track days are fun...but they are even better when it isn't your car. A few times I was invited by Audi to test drive vehicles, the first was at Monticello Motor Club. We drove the R8 and RS5 in the rain and we were still getting north of 100 in places. The second invite from Audi was down in Princeton at an airport, not quite as exciting since it wasn't a track but still drove the R8 and TTS that day. But last fall I got an invite to Monticello Motor Club and drove the new Porsche 992, some BMW's, and Alfa Romeo Guilia Quadrifoglio. Unfortunately the Maserati's and Jag's were all booked up, but we did do an offroad loop in a Land Rover which was pretty impressive. But I think my favorite part was when we got to take a BMW M8 convertible. That car was a sleeper, it didn't look that fast but it was and sounded awesome. It probably helped that we had the top down so you could really hear it, plus they let us take my son out for a ride and he loved the sound. It was a great experience and hope to get to go again.

fiero8801

Regal tourx
Track days are fun...but they are even better when it isn't your car. A few times I was invited by Audi to test drive vehicles, the first was at Monticello Motor Club. We drove the R8 and RS5 in the rain and we were still getting north of 100 in places. The second invite from Audi was down in Princeton at an airport, not quite as exciting since it wasn't a track but still drove the R8 and TTS that day. But last fall I got an invite to Monticello Motor Club and drove the new Porsche 992, some BMW's, and Alfa Romeo Guilia Quadrifoglio. Unfortunately the Maserati's and Jag's were all booked up, but we did do an offroad loop in a Land Rover which was pretty impressive. But I think my favorite part was when we got to take a BMW M8 convertible. That car was a sleeper, it didn't look that fast but it was and sounded awesome. It probably helped that we had the top down so you could really hear it, plus they let us take my son out for a ride and he loved the sound. It was a great experience and hope to get to go again.
That sounds cool, driving other peoples cars on track is always nice. I've done one of those supercar driving experiences, 3 laps in a 911 GT3, but it costs as much as a full hour of track time in my own car. I would like to try Monticello, it looks very nice there. I run at Pitt Race a little north of Pittsburgh.

Track use is def hard on the car, especially on a heavy car like mine. Tires, brakes and lots of fuel... This is what 130+mph threshold braking does to rotors on a 4200 lb car. Fortunately no fade with track pads and high temp fluid running 20-25 min sessions.

Desktop.jpg .

Wlepse

NNJ
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Yeah that looks like those poor rotors were getting a hell of a workout.

Monticello is super nice but also super expensive. I wish I could afford membership but it just isn't feasible.

But I definitely like taking out other peoples cars. First you get to try several different vehicles back to back and see how each is different, but as you clearly show in your pic, it is hard on cars. At the start of the day the track was clean, but mid day the tires were starting to chunk and leave debris everywhere. I also spoke with the guys running the Audi events and they told me the cars end up crushed after their tour. While they maintain the hell out of them Audi doesn't want one being sold and having issues come up that make them look bad, so they crush them.

fiero8801

Regal tourx
DAMN!
Well worth every penny.
My local go-kart place charge more than that!
Another good way to get some parade laps on a racetrack is SCCA Track Night in America events. If you have a track around that has a SCCA track night event, they run parade laps open to the public for free during every event (assuming the schedule permits). Usually the touring laps are at 6pm and you only need to sign a waiver to join in. Assuming Covid doesn't change the spectator policy, its like a car show, except the cars are also blasting around a racetrack. Unfortunately they don't allow passengers for hot laps, but some other events do if you really want to experience a racetrack at speed.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!