• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Show us your best shot

D2R

Michigan
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Another good way to get some parade laps on a racetrack is SCCA Track Night in America events. If you have a track around that has a SCCA track night event, they run parade laps open to the public for free during every event (assuming the schedule permits). Usually the touring laps are at 6pm and you only need to sign a waiver to join in. Assuming Covid doesn't change the spectator policy, its like a car show, except the cars are also blasting around a racetrack. Unfortunately they don't allow passengers for hot laps, but some other events do if you really want to experience a racetrack at speed.
Believe it or not, there are no tracks open to the public around Motor City here. (At least, not that I am aware of...)

landsharkmz3

I have wrecked a nice street car at Mid-Ohio, which is no fun. The track was awesome; the damaged car is not. It is much better to drive cars around a track that you are willing to give a viking funeral. Here is a shot of driving such a car... I bought it for $300, and put a little money into getting to a place that was fun to race. The most fun on a track is being able to be right on the limit door-to-door with a competitor.
Firebird-flat.jpg

Silverarrow

Sustaining Member
1963 Riviera, 2020 TourX Essence
M-O is a great technical track.
Took a series of Driving Courses there back in the late 90's / early 2000's.

Last edited:

fng

Delaware Ohio
2018 Regal Essence Frost White Tri-Coat
When I owned the Honda S2000 I got to track it at Beaver Run, PA a couple of times. The first time was like peeling an onion: as I got better on Turn 1, Turn 2 presented new challenges that weren't there when I had exited Turn 1 at a lower speed. Repeat for a dozen turns...The other day I got to follow an experienced driver in another stock S2000 and learned a lot: if he can take that line at that speed so can I. But after 3 or 4 20-minute sessions, I was WASTED. Good times!!!!

agaric

Buick Newbie
Sustaining Member
2017 Regal GS AWD Crimson Red Tint Coat
Showoff!! ;)

LARRY70GS

Oakland Gardens, N.Y.
98 Riviera, 70 GS455 Stg1
Showoff!! ;)
:)(y)(y) I am proud of my car. Drove it 340 miles round trip from NYC to Northeast Maryland last year, got about 15-16 MPG, swapped on some Drag Radials and went mid to high 11's every pass at Cecil County Dragway. Drove the car home. I know you can do that with Modern Muscle these days, but this is a 1970 with a Big Block, on Muscle alone, normally aspirated.

D2R

Michigan
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Oh, I believe you.
I have just seen 3 seasons except Summer in this week. :LOL:

Get your turbo buick badge right here!