• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Show us your best shot

gobluetwo

A Regular
IL
Buick Ownership
none
With Blizzak Ws80 tires, incredible snow performance. I passed about a million SUVs on the way to Tahoe this morning. Them in the left lane, which was clear of snow, me in the right driving on the snow. It was a little bit comical, but the TourX just felt rock solid the entire time. Honestly, it felt like magic it was so good.
Off topic: I'm pretty jealous. Just arrived in Reno last night and it is looking messy getting up to the mountains right now. Rental agency have me a 4wd Tacoma with M+S tires, so I can manage R2 chain control, but can't do anything about closed highways.

On topic: my 15 year old car may be on its last legs, as it is making all sorts of funny noises after our latest polar vortex in Chicago. May start looking at TourX's in the spring.

gmguy83

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal sportback
That's a clean look! What size did you go with and what % tint is that?
Thanks, Its 22's with 245/30/r22 tires. The tint is either stock or whatever is legal in az, it was that way when i bought it, but i know my dealer likes to tint all cars before theyre sold.

BoostedRegal2.0

Buick Ownership
2014 Regal 2.0 Turbo AWD Trifecta Tune
Thanks, Its 22's with 245/30/r22 tires. The tint is either stock or whatever is legal in az, it was that way when i bought it, but i know my dealer likes to tint all cars before theyre sold.
Those are the biggest wheels I ever saw on a Regal and they look great.

SpencerK

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
No doubt! You should have made a video of you getting in the car and blasting out of there LOL
I should have! I was too focused on making it happen. Next time! Here's the after shot. Some dudes were genuinely confused, as in, "how the hell did he do that" confused. It was awesome.

Attachments

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
Red Needle TourX
I should have! I was too focused on making it happen. Next time! Here's the after shot. Some dudes were genuinely confused, as in, "how the hell did he do that" confused. It was awesome.
Greatest pic ever! Love how capable this car is.

gobluetwo

A Regular
IL
Buick Ownership
none
There's a TourX under there.
That's awesome! Where were you staying? That snow was pretty epic. I saw all manner of people digging out, getting stuck, driving around with 2 feet of snow on their roofs (ridiculous and dangerous, by the way - don't do it!). I also saw a Prius with all seasons try to make it up a hill. Great to see the TourX with snows handle it so well!

Sidenote from yesterday: I had planned on going to Northstar from Reno, but I-80 was closed all morning. Saw that 50 was open to Heavenly, so ended up going there. Made decent time in the rental Taco, getting there a little after 11. Main lot was full, so ended up parking at Stagecoach on Nevada side and spent most of my time around there.

SpencerK

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
That's awesome! Where were you staying? That snow was pretty epic. I saw all manner of people digging out, getting stuck, driving around with 2 feet of snow on their roofs (ridiculous and dangerous, by the way - don't do it!). I also saw a Prius with all seasons try to make it up a hill. Great to see the TourX with snows handle it so well!

Sidenote from yesterday: I had planned on going to Northstar from Reno, but I-80 was closed all morning. Saw that 50 was open to Heavenly, so ended up going there. Made decent time in the rental Taco, getting there a little after 11. Main lot was full, so ended up parking at Stagecoach on Nevada side and spent most of my time around there.
Nice. The TourX is ROCK SOLID with snows on, no slippage at all. My Audi A6 also has snow tires, but it was not this unstoppable, I think there must be something to that Twinster system: 2017 Opel Insignia Grand Sport Marks First Time Twinster AWD System Meets A Mid-Size Sedan

We spent the night in Tahoe City, and after some consideration of our options ended up at Tahoe Donner. It was the only place I could get to easily. EPIC powder (which I can't ski to save my life), but my daughter and I had a ton of fun. I wouldn't go back, but we had a fun day. I played my cards as best I could, and hit the road stoppage at 3, fail, circled around, success! So was among the first to get back on the road heading over Donner Pass.

Anyway, I hope you're enjoying CA, welcome! Or, erm, Nevada. ;)

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
Mine is covered in enough mud if I tossed some grass seed on the car, it would grow. Found out today how squirmy the steering is in mud. Nice to have AWD.

G-319369

Sorry Regal Owners, Can you make an Exception here for a LaCrosse Dude ?

View attachment 14786

The Old Cats in the LaCrosse Section don't quite know how to get their pictures from their Kodak 110 Instamatics on to the Forum...

Thanks for letting me hang with the digitally hip crowd.(y)
No problem and welcome! I am one of the old cats with an '18 GS, but I love LaCrosses too!